Le boat, part of Travelopia is the largest inland charter business in the world and attracts customers from numerous source markets. Le Boat operates in eight different countries within Europe and has a fleet of 950 river and canal boats. Le Boat is the largest in-land self-drive boating company with over 40 years of experience. We offer the widest choice of beautiful boating breaks and waterway holidays throughout Europe. We are passionate about giving our customers the best possible experience on the waterways.
Our holidays are all about discovering the beauty of Europe and now Canada’s stunning lakes, rivers, and canals and their surrounding villages and countryside, from the unique perspective of the sundeck, which is unbeatable. Stopping whenever and wherever you want is all part of the fun on a boating holiday and our customers enjoy visiting ancient castles, playing golf, cooling off in an outdoor swimming pool, or cycling to pick up their morning baguette.
Le Boat is looking for an experienced individual to join a great team on the Rideau Canal who is responsible for delivering excellent customer service at our base in Smiths Falls and our satellite base in Seeley’s Bay. Duties of this position include:
- Under-taking a variety of duties to ensure boats are well maintained, well presented and ready for the arrival of our customers
- Responding to breakdowns, managing stock, carrying out routine servicing and preventative maintenance are also key aspects of the role
- Being comfortable in front of clients in teaching and training mode is an asset
As a seasonal business, this position, for the right candidate, could be combined with other winter work. We welcome the opportunity to discuss this further.
- To prepare all boats and their equipment for use prior to the client’s arrival
- To ensure all mechanical and on-board electrical equipment is fully operational at all times
- Fault finding, to repair defects found or issues highlighted by customers
- To maintain a good working knowledge of Nanni marine engines
- To maintain a bicycle fleet which is hired to clients
- To liaise with the base manager on a day to day basis in order to carry out repairs in the most efficient and economic manner
- To maintain an adequate supply of spares and equipment by liaising with the base manager and completing official store records etc.
- To carry out the planned maintenance schedule as directed by the base manager and as per fleet maintenance procedures
- To work on-call shifts, on a rotational basis as required even at short notice
- To be available, on a rotational basis after hours to attend customer service calls
- To carry our full winter overhaul of the fleet
- To keep a clean and tidy workshop and service vehicle
- To work off-site if required, to maintain a fully working product
- To brief clients (client orientation and training) on boats, upon arrival as to the functionality of mechanical systems, electrical systems, safety equipment and navigational information