Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posted: December 5th 2018
Deadline: February 3rd, 2019
Salary: $27.00 per hour
Waste Connections is an integrated solid waste services company that provides solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling services in mostly exclusive and secondary markets. Our goal is to create an environment where self-directed, empowered employees strive to consistently fulfil our constituent commitments and seek to create positive impacts through interactions with customers, communities, and fellow employees.
We are the leader in non-hazardous solid waste management in North America is looking for an experienced Heavy Duty Mechanic - 310T for Day shift at our shop in our hauling facility in Kingston.
- Perform inspections on trucks and equipment
- Repair and maintain all trucks and equipment
- Perform scheduled maintenance services, such as oil changes, lubrications and tune-ups.
- Complete work according to preventive maintenance programs.
- Ability to perform a preventive maintenance service, inspection identifying any repairing any deficiencies
- Ability to teach apprentices skills of the trade and proper techniques of repair
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Organizational abilities
- Maintains a Heavy Duty Mechanic Journeyman ticket
- Maintains a valid CVIP inspection licence
- Willing to work in a team atmosphere, ability to work independently
- Detailed and flexible approach to work assignments
- Accurately document work performed
- Complete work orders in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Leads by example with integrity
- Maintain safe work habits and keep work area clean
- Participate in the elimination of safety hazards
- Own tools required.
- A strong knowledge of powertrains, electrical troubleshooting, hydraulic systems, pneumatic systems and after treatment systems.
This position has rotating shifts: two weeks day shift (6:00am-3:00pm) and two weeks afternoon shift (1:00pm-11:00pm. We offer a full benefits package after three months of service. We provide an annual booth and clothing allowance.
Only those successful will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer.
People who want to gain valuable professional experience will find that Waste Connections is a fantastic place to work. You’ll enjoy the opportunity for beneficial training and professional development opportunities that can help enhance your skills and lead the way to a more promising future.
Bring your passion to succeed and you’ll quickly discover that great opportunities are all around you. At Waste Connections, you’ll thrive if you are friendly, dedicated, and prefer a work hard-play hard culture that is focused on maintaining our reputation as the premier waste services company in the markets we serve.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|