Founded in 2009, Pillar5 Pharma is an industry-leading Canadian contract development and manufacturing organization (CDMO), based in the Ottawa Valley. We are a full-service provider of sterile ophthalmic solutions and solid dose manufacturing, and the market leader in multi-dose preservative free technology.
We make great products that people use each and every day. We make eye drops, ear drops, allergy medication and other off-the-shelf pharmaceuticals. We manufacture products for some of the largest pharma companies on the planet. And we do it all from the small community of Arnprior.
We are recruiting for a creative, dynamic, customer and solution focused Production Technician to join our operations team. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the Manager, Production, you will be responsible to set up, modify, operate, troubleshoot and repair several different types of packaging machinery.
- Perform initial set-up of machine at outset of each shift including inputting pre-determined settings and dialing in machine for optimal output
- Triage equipment issues; diagnose malfunctions and perform first line of repair
- Lead efficient and timely equipment change-over efforts
- Perform and follow written set-up and maintenance on machines and equipment as per preventative maintenance schedule
- Become an internal expert on machine operation and regularly train and educate operators on proper handling and usage of equipment
- Work with facility mechanics and engineering on machine equipment repair and maintenance activities
- Make recommendation and implement continuous improvement to equipment and processes