Location: Alexandria, Ontario
Posted: May 11th 2022
Deadline: July 10th, 2022
Lanthier Bakery is one of the biggest commercial independent bakery in Eastern Canada. We shine thanks to the dynamic involvement of more than 350 employees in our plants in Baie d'Urfé and Alexandria).
Being in strong growth, we are looking for Production Supervisors. There are three permanent, full-time positions available:
- Weekend-night shift. Working 6:00pm to 6:00am plus one day of 8 hours of work during the week. (32 hours of work and paid for 40 hours).
- Evening-night shift: Working 9:00pm to 7:00am. Work four days a week, 10 hours per day, for a 40-hour work week).
- Day shift: Working Noon to 8:00pm. (Work from Monday to Friday, 40 hours per week with replacement on different shifts depending on business needs).
- Making available to the warehouse the products defined in the manufacturing program while respecting the imperatives of deadlines and quantities and in compliance with the issues of quality, productivity and personal safety;
- Organizes and implements the daily manufacturing program, and supervises the manufacturing and packaging staff;
- Ensures the preparation of production line start-ups, supply and cleaning operations;
- Monitors production in accordance with the process, product quality standards and deadlines;
- Manages machine malfunctions and breakdowns: records, analyzes, corrective actions, reorganizes the production program and teams, if necessary;
- Validates material losses and time losses.
Quality and continues improvement
- Ensures compliance with procedures, policies and charters in force (quality, health, safety, environment);
- Supervises and validates product and packaging controls, including critical control points (CCP) and surveillance points (PS), traceability, and reacts in the event of non-compliant products;
- Ensures the implementation of cleaning plans, glass and plastic monitoring and the corresponding records;
- Writes a daily activity report;
- Proposes improvements and carries out corrective actions under his responsibility.
- Ensures supervision of the team (15-20 employees);
- Reorganizes teams as needed;
- Participates in meetings of production supervisors;
- Presents and explains production indicators to operators and general helpers;
- Ensures the safety at work of his team and work environment.
- 3-5 years of related experience as production supervisor in an industrial environment;
- 3-5 years of experience in managing employees (15 -20);
- Team management experience;
- Experience in the agri-food sector is considered an asset;
- Good knowledge of computer tools such as Word and Excel;
- Good knowledge of English; French and Spanish are considered as value-added
- Excellent communication skills with strong sense of initiative and curiosity.
- The opportunity to work in a growing organization
- Permanent, full-time work in an air-conditioned plant
- Annual salary of $55,000 to $60,000 depending on experience
- Disability Insurance
- Complementary health insurance
- Life insurance
- Vision care insurance
- Vacation and compensatory leave
- Employee assistance program
- Group RRSP
- Parking on site
Interested in this opportunity? We invite you to send your resume in MS Word or PDF format.
|Ginny Seguin, Sr Talent Acquisition Specialist|
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|