Our shop in Barry’s Bay Ontario has been creating custom wood interior and exterior doors since 1947. Using the authentic and naturally beautiful characteristics of wood, Madawaska Doors & Trim consistently crafts each door to perfection using old world techniques.
We are recruiting for a Junior Buyer-Product Developer. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the daily administration, product management of the plant and general office administration. This role is an important part of the smooth operation of the plant. Duties include:
- a mix of activities from procuring necessary raw material for the production floor
- Expediting existing orders ensuring on time deliveries while maintaining management agreed stock levels
- becoming knowledgeable maintaining various operating systems relating to the product process and personnel
- developing and strategizing new product introduction
- recommending improvements, identifying opportunities helping increase revenue.
What can you expect daily?
As the Junior Buyer-Product Developer, you will be responsible to:
- Procure all materials needed for production floor as well as all office supplies.
- Source new vendors and monitor prices and undertake cost reduction initiatives.
- Expedite existing orders to ensure on time deliverables.
- Receive both indirect and direct material orders, book in and process the paperwork.
- Answer all product-related questions in a polite manner and addressing queries promptly.
- Assist with the development of business plans.
- Identify new market opportunities and relaying this information to the Operations Manager and other relevant stakeholders.
- Perform other administrative duties as required to ensure the smooth running of the plant office.