Location: Hawkesbury, Ontario
Posted: May 23rd 2020
Deadline: July 22nd, 2020
Montebello is one of the top manufacturing suppliers in North America. Montebello manufactures aluminium tubes and cans, laminate tubes, both foil and all-plastic tubes for pharmaceutical, personal care, cosmetics, household, industrial and food products.
We are currently recruiting for an Inspector-Packer at our Hawkesbury location.
Principal responsibilities may include:
- Examines and packs tubes in the specified boxes
- Examines tubes for colour variation and consistency, no caps and high caps, no enamel, no print, poor or bad print, dents and bends, holes, proper Darex, proper internal coating, metal in the neck, foreign substances inside the tubes (i.e., enamel, ink, lubrication, hair), etc.
- Rejects (does not pack) tubes that do not meet specifications and/or quality standards
- Requests corrective action from the line operator and /or their supervisor when quality problems continue in significant numbers
- Stacks full boxes of tubes on skids
- Uses and understands specification sheets.
- Obtains the proper materials and packs to conform to the specification sheet for that job
- Completes applicable forms, tickets, tags, labels, etc., and accepts full responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of all information and reports they generate
- Continuously maintains good housekeeping in their work area and assists with Line cleanups (including work areas, floors and the outside of machinery)
- Assists with line changeovers to include purging the Line, cleaning inkwells, etc.
- Relieves line operators for short periods
- Accepts responsibility for the completeness and accuracy of all information and reports they generate
- Monitors the scrap and reports problems in order to keep scrap within acceptable levels
- Strives to be a good team member and to promote team effort
- Performs housekeeping duties to include cleaning floors, workbenches, worktables, and surrounding areas
- Other duties as assigned, inside or outside the normal work area or department
- Able to multi‐task
- Able to communicate well
- Able to troubleshoot
- Have 20/20 vision or corrected vision
- Work well with others.
- Able to pass a series of reading, mathematical tests
- A high school diploma or equivalent
- Manufacturing experience is a plus
- Bilingualism (English and French) is an asset
- Able to work shift work
- Can lift 50lbs (if required)
- Able to stand for 8 to 12 hours a day
- Able to keep up in a very fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills
If you are looking for a career, not just a job, we are the company for you. We provide extensive in house training and advancement. We offer a hard-working fun culture, benefits and training. Come and start your career with us!
Please apply to Diane Menard with your cover letter, resume and/or application.
We appreciate your interest in the position and welcome your application; however, only those retained for an interview will be contacted. Montebello is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you require any accommodation, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org
Hawkesbury, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|