Safety & Security Coordinator
Safety & Security Coordinator
|Magellan Aerospace, Haley|
Location: Haley, Ontario
Posted: August 10th 2019
Deadline: October 9th, 2019
Experience the excitement of the aerospace industry in a rural setting!
For over 60 years Magellan Aerospace, Haley has been producing magnesium and aluminium castings for the aerospace industry. Join a diversified team supporting a global leader in sand casting technology.
Located in the heart of the Ottawa Valley west of Renfrew, we have an immediate opening for a Safety & Security Coordinator. This is a temporary, one year contract.
The Safety & Security Coordinator ensures the company’s compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety Act and associated legislation and regulations. This role also ensures compliance with CSA standards as well as the company’s safety management system to reduce losses due to occupational accidents, injury or illness. The Safety & Security Coordinator is responsible for the delivery of occupational health and safety programs (GHS, Safety talks, hazard identification, incident investigations, etc).
- Coordinate and maintain all health and safety training requirements including lift trucks, cranes, hoists, LOTO, First Aid, fit testing, TDG, GHS, confined space, working at heights, and fall arrest
- Perform health and safety training where applicable
- Develop, implement, and maintain contractor management program including conducting contractor orientation
- Review, update and maintain all hazard assessments, JSAs, LOTO standard work instructions (SWIs)
- Actively participate in guarding assessments and new LOTO SWI development
- Track and maintain workplace hazards and ensure timely closeout
- Participate in incident investigations
- Conduct new employee health and safety orientations
- Provide backup for wastewater treatment plant operator
- First responder, certified safety trainer, CRSP designation
- Knowledge of OHS legislation, CSA standards and related legislation and standards
- Must be fully knowledgeable of the Occupational Health and Safety Act, WSIB act and policies. Must also have the ability and availability to deal with unexpected incidents immediately.
- 2-year college diploma (technical or business) or equivalent and/or Occupational Health and Safety certificate (or equivalent work experience)
- JHSC Certification Level 1 and 2
- First Aid, CPR and AED
- Train the Trainer certification
- WSIB (Workers Safety Insurance Board)
Salary commensurate with experience.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including major medical, dental, short and long-term disability.
We thank all applicants, but only those invited to an interview will be contacted. Candidates who have tested or interviewed within the past 3 months are not required to re-apply.
No telephone inquiries, please.
Magellan Aerospace, Haley
634 Magnesium Road,
Haley, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|