Fire Suppression Systems Technician
Fire Suppression Systems Technician
|Roseburg Forest Products|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 13th 2019
Deadline: August 12th, 2019
Roseburg Forest Products is a closely held forest products company building value with timberland, safe and efficient manufacturing and passionate, capable people. We market quality products and provide superior customer service at a profit to sustain growth. Roseburg Forest Products is vertically integrated with timberlands and facilities across North America.
We currently have opportunities for the right individual to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as a Fire Suppression Systems Technician. This is a full-time position.
The Fire Suppression Systems Technician will be responsible for the inspection, service, modification and verification of all fire suppression systems. In addition, this position will respond to service calls from customers, and provide training, when necessary.
- Coordinate all fire suppression system activities to maximize system availability
- Operate, inspect, service, troubleshoot and verify all existing fire suppression systems with an emphasis on preventative and predictive maintenance to minimize any system impairments
- Seek out and resolve fire suppression system issues before they become system impairments
- Ensure prompt and efficient response to any process or facility requirement. This may include responding to emergency calls during evenings and weekends and obtaining and interfacing with contracted services as required.
- Perform upgrades, repairs and improvements to fire suppression systems following inspection
- Evaluate recommendations from insurance or other regulating bodies to provide estimates for implementation
- Assist with the pricing of inspection and service work
- Coordinate and perform weekly, monthly, semi-annual and annual inspections as required
- Prepare and inspect verification reports
- Coordinate fire alarm Installation, verification and programming of systems
- Receive training to keep current with equipment improvements via study manuals, seminars, etc.
- Perform other pipefitting duties as assigned to maximize plant uptime
- Model company core values
- Follow health and safety policies and programs
- Interprovincial Red Seal as Sprinkler and Fire Protection Installer (ON). An interprovincial Red Seal in Steamfitter or Pipefitter can be considered.
- 2 to 5 years of relevant experience in service and inspection of fire suppression systems
- Working knowledge of the Fire Code (O. Reg. 213/07)
- Working knowledge of the NFPA set of standards; specifically NFPA 13 and 25
- Proven experience fabricating and welding both pressure and non-pressure pipe using stick (SMAW), TIG (GTAW) and/or MIG (GMAW) processes
- Proven ability to process raw materials working from blueprints, and specifications.
- Valid driver's licence
- Above average mathematical skills.
- Able to lift a minimum of 75 pounds
- Able to climb ladders to heights reaching a minimum of 12 feet
- Past registration with TSSA or CWB
- Ability to work well independently
- Good organizational skills
- Efficiency in computer skills (Word, Excel, Outlook, CMMS)
- Experience in programming fire alarm panels
- Working knowledge of CAN/ULC standards S524, S536 and S537
In addition to competitive wages we offer a comprehensive benefits package (major medical, dental, vision care, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance), company matched RRSP contribution plan and gain-sharing program.
For additional information regarding this position, please visit our website at www.roseburg.com/Careers
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of Roseburg - Pembroke MDF’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, reference checks and drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please apply online through www.roseburg.com/Careers or forward a copy of your cover letter and resume quoting the position title and file number.
Roseburg Forest Products Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Roseburg Forest Products
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|