Converting Manufacturing Supervisor
Converting Manufacturing Supervisor
|Interape Polymer Group|
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
Posted: January 27th 2019
Deadline: March 28th, 2019
Cantech is a wholly owned subsidiary of Intertape Polymer Group Inc. (IPG) which is an acknowledged leader in the packaging industry. Its performance products, including tapes and cloths, are designed for demanding aerospace, automotive and industrial applications and are sold to a broad range of industry and specialty distributors, retail stores and large end-users in diverse industries. At IPG our vision is to become the global leader in packaging and protective solutions. We will achieve our goal by committing and executing our strategic plan in accordance with our values. To hear more about us please visit our website www.itape.com
We are currently recruiting for a Converting Manufacturing Supervisor.
The Converting Manufacturing Supervisor will manage the converting department by supporting the plant floor in the day to day operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Direct, supervise and coordinate production employees and activities in assigned area.
- Ensure company policies, procedures and standards are safely and consistently followed to achieve established production schedules and desired quality levels to service our customer needs.
- Plan, supervise, direct and engage in daily production operations and anticipate production problems (i.e. material shortages, equipment malfunctions, etc.) such that loss of work hours is minimized, and production and quality objectives are achieved.
- Utilize skills, work hours, materials and workflow to achieve production and quality objectives. Exchange timely information with other supervisors (departmental and interdepartmental) on product flow and workforce needs.
- Coach, instruct, train, orient, motivate and otherwise assist employees so that production and quality objectives are achieved safely. Initiate and manage departmental teams to achieve desired goals with complete ownership of shift.
- Appraise employee performance recommending promotions, transfers and work assignments. Responsible to coach and develop employees.
- Initiate lean projects aimed at effecting cost reductions, work simplification or improvements in methods or equipment.
- Supervise departmental safety and housekeeping practices and maintain a constant alert for hazardous conditions; respond to employee injuries by administering or seeking appropriate first aid assistance, issuing medical authorization forms, investigate accident causes and recommend means to prevent accident reoccurrence.
- Keep employees informed of company safety rules and regulations, policies and procedures, production and quality expectations. Issue warnings and other approved disciplinary measures when necessary. Encourage employee communication and endorse an open-door policy. Counsel and recommend terminations when appropriate.
- Participate in and lead activities such as training, site projects and safety programs. Maintain the technical and managerial skills required to effectively lead the production process.
- Communicate employee time for payroll purposes. Authorize vacation and personal time off as directed by union contract and company policy.
- Additional duties as required.
- High school diploma is required; bachelor’s degree in a related field is preferred.
- 5-10 years’ work experience in a unionized manufacturing environment.
- 3-5 years of supervisory experience in a unionized environment.
- Must have interpersonal skills necessary to foster cooperation and to effectively communicate with others.
- Computer skills required to manage email, shop floor data and other records to effectively perform duties of the job.
Personal and Leadership Characteristics
- Strong change agent; able to drive change on several fronts at once.
- Good communicator, excellent team facilitator, mentor, teacher and coach.
- A key plant leadership team member who functions well across departments in an open and participative environment.
- Able to interact and build bridges with people of various backgrounds.
- Ability to oversee multiple projects and maintain progress through the efforts of his or her team.
- Proven ability to effectively prioritize multiple demands in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
Intertape Polymer is an equal opportunity employer. We thank all candidates for applying, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Intertape Polymer has a competitive compensation and benefits package and is committed to providing a safe work environment.
|Melissa Papineau, Human Resources Generalist|
Interape Polymer Group
1400 Rosemount Avenue,
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|