Team Lead - Moulding
Team Lead - Moulding
|Roseburg Forest Products|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: January 27th 2019
Deadline: March 28th, 2019
Roseburg Forest Products is a closely held forest products company building value with timberland, safe and efficient manufacturing, and passionate, capable people. We market quality products and provide superior customer service at a profit to sustain growth. Roseburg Forest Products is vertically integrated with timberlands and facilities across North America.
We currently have opportunities for the right individuals to join our dynamic and talented team of employees as the Team Lead - Moulding.
Reporting to the Moulding Manager, the Team Lead - Moulding will be responsible for monitoring and managing the day-to-day operations of the production department concerning safety, all plant operating machinery and related equipment. The successful candidate will provide continuous plant operations with optimal uptime and will be responsible for the growth and development of team subordinates and promoting a healthy a safe work environment through team building, facilitating problem-solving, and making recommendations for continuous process improvement (CPI).
- Direct and coordinates the production department including safety, quality, cost, efficiency, training and continuous process improvement
- Coordinate all production day-to-day operations and projects with the Moulding Manager
- Serve as a back-up to the Moulding Manager for production related questions
- Provide accurate information about plant production through timely reporting and recordkeeping
- Provide technical support to production teams, lab and maintenance departments
- Ensure quality standards are met as defined by internal and external customers
- Provide leadership and day-to-day direction for the production function
- Identify employee skills and develop them by coaching, providing formal and informal performance feedback and encouraging performance to set company standards and expectations
- Prepare and conduct annual performance reviews, provide continual feedback, provide counselling, employee corrective action plans and participate in termination and hiring as required
- Work with maintenance to develop and implement comprehensive preventative maintenance (PM) and predictive maintenance (PdM) programs that coordinate with production demands
- Ensure plant efficiency is maintained at the highest possible level without sacrificing safety, quality and cost standards
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities and work inter-departmentally to implement new ideas
- Ensure compliance with all applicable safety and environmental expectations in the performance of all job functions
- Identify the root cause of issues during production and document
- Review vacation and absence requests, coordinate coverage
- Review absenteeism and address areas of concern
- Model company core values
- Follow health and safety policies and programs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education related to business
- Technical or mechanical education or certification
- Proven ability to make decisions in stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task and able to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Ability to read and understand drawings
- Experience with metric and standard measurements
- Strong math and mechanical aptitude
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel, Outlook, Word
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed; energetic, forward-thinking and creative with high ethical standards
- Keen attention to detail
- Exceptional service orientation
Maintains respectful communication with co-workers and supervisory staff
Familiar with the company’s policies and processes and understands the impact of this position on the competitiveness and performance of the company
- 4 to 6 years of related work experience in a manufacturing environment
- 3 years of experience in a supervisory role
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in pulp and paper or MDF manufacturing facility.
In addition to competitive wages we offer a comprehensive benefits package (including major medical, dental, vision care, short-term and long-term disability and life insurance), company matched RRSP contribution plan and gain-sharing program.
For additional information regarding this position, please visit our website at www.roseburg.com/Careers
Employment is conditional upon successful completion of Roseburg - Pembroke MDF’s pre-employment checks which may include criminal record check, education verification, reference checks and drug and alcohol testing.
To apply for this position, please apply online or forward a copy of your cover letter and resume quoting the position title and file number.
Roseburg Forest Products Canada is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation during the recruiting and selection process, we will work with you to meet your needs.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Roseburg Forest Products
777 Fibreboard Drive,
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|