With approximately 2,900 employees, JBS Food Canada ULC (JBS Canada) is one of Canada's largest beef processors. Consisting of four locations - the main processing facility located in Brooks, Alberta, where approximately 4,200 head of cattle are harvested and processed daily; the head office and a case ready plant, both based in Calgary, Alberta; and JBS Ontario, a case ready plant located in Belleville, Ontario. The JBS Canada facility in Brooks has the capacity to produce products ranging from boxed beef primals, ground beef, beef trimmings, beef by-products and hides which are shipped across Canada and worldwide. At the multi-protein Mountain Creek Farms case-ready facility in Calgary, JBS Canada produces value-added products including marinated, portion sized, multi-pack options, kebabs and much more. JBS Ontario in Belleville produces fresh meat and seafood products for leading retailers in Canada.
At JBS Canada, our people are our greatest asset. We are very proud to have a team of high achieving, engaged employees. We are currently seeking a Supply Chain Analyst to join our team at our JBS Ontario facility in Belleville.
The Supply Chain Analyst is responsible for gathering and analyzing data about the supply chain process including information on stock count, and inventory control. Specifically, this role will collect information regarding production stock, balance stock counts, and control inventory. This role is will assist in meeting JBS’s customer commitments on product quality, specifications, timing and production by having the right product available, in the correct quantities to meet customer orders at all times. Product specifications on each order are critical to meet JBS’s production commitments. Ongoing communication with production management and the customer’s representatives are critical to success within this role.
You will be:
- Assisting with the procurement, storage, and movement of raw materials under HACCP guidelines and customer specifications
- Balancing stocks and inventory control
- Assisting with the purchase of dry supplies
- Understanding of primal breakdown to ensure production capacity to meet customer production requirements from available product
- Ensuring timely and accurate records for availability of product to meet production requirements
- Conducting analyses on yields, product specifications with production supervisors and management
- Commiting to continuous process improvement
- Facilitating achievement of objectives in terms of product quality, efficiency targets, and customer service
- Enforcing HACCP procedures and demonstrates ongoing commitment to food safety
- Performing additional duties as assigned
- College diploma in business, operations management or related area
- Up to 2 years of related experience, preferably within the manufacturing or food processing sector
- Knowledge of the meat industry and understanding JBS’s techniques on primal breakout for production will be key to success in this role
- Advanced analytical skills, particularly on Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications
- Possess excellent public relations, conflict resolution and communications skills, both verbal and written
- WHMIS, HACCP and food safety training and commitment
- Excellent time management skills in handling multiple priorities and conflicting deadlines
Working conditions include:
- Sunday to Thursday afternoon schedule.
- Normal office environment for some of each day.
- Working in a cold working environment on a daily basis, for most parts of each day.
We offer exceptional benefits that include: competitive wage, group health and medical benefits, group life and accidental death insurance, long-term disability, vision and dental care, career growth and continued training.