|Renfrew County District School Board|
Location: Arnprior, Ontario
Posted: January 29th 2020
Deadline: February 10th, 2020
Salary: $18.53 to $19.40 per hour
The Renfrew County District School Board is recruiting for a Custodian. This is a full-time position split between Walter Zadow Public School and Arnprior District High School.
Under the supervision of the chief custodian and/or area supervisor, the Custodian performs a variety of custodial duties such as routine cleaning, routine building and equipment maintenance, opening and closing the building, checking building systems, responding to emergency calls and performing grounds maintenance at the school.
- Clean rooms, washrooms and fixtures;
- Mop, wash, scrub and finish floors;
- Pick up and dispose of garbage and recycling;
- Vacuum and/or shampoo carpets;
- Wipe and wash windows, blackboards, ledges, railings and furniture
- Do a thorough cleaning such as stripping, resealing and refinishing floors
- Perform routine maintenance activities including repairing lockers, doors and furniture;
- Replacing fuses and light bulbs, resetting circuit breakers and unclogging drains
- High school diploma or equivalent of Grade 12
- At least one year in the custodial field
- Proven to be dependable with a willingness to take responsibility
- Knowledge of WHMIS
- Working knowledge of email and computer software programs like Microsoft Excel or Word would be an asset
- Operating custodial cleaning equipment and identifying simple problems with this equipment
- Perform heavy tasks including assisting in the unloading of heavy supplies or materials.
- Using manual or mechanized equipment to remove snow, cut grass and perform other grounds maintenance
- Perform work in accordance with the provisions of the Occupational Health and Safety Act and regulations and all board policies and procedures related to occupational health and safety to protect all occupants of the building
- Complete tasks within deadlines and adjust priorities as needed
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Establish and maintain excellent working relations with supervisory staff, fellow workers, students, contractors and user groups
- Communicate effectively and follow oral and written instructions in the conduct of the job
Online applications will be accepted no later than 4:00 p.m. on February 10, 2020.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. All other applicants are thanked for their interest.
All offers of employment are conditional upon receipt of a current vulnerable sector screening criminal background check acceptable to the board.
Please advise the human resources department HRDept@rcdsb.on.ca prior to the closing date if you require accommodation at any time throughout the application process so the appropriate arrangements can be made.
Renfrew County District School Board
Arnprior, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|