|Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board|
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posted: January 26th 2020
Deadline: February 7th, 2020
Salary: $59,345-$69,075 per year
The Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board is seeking a permanent, full-time Operations Coordinator.
Working under the direction of the Operations Supervisor, the Operations Coordinator supports the day-to-day custodial activities at all board sites. The Operations Coordinator will support the work of all custodial and facility staff who clean, maintain and coordinate events in Board facilities, by providing supervision and guidance, as well as assisting with training, etc.
- Coordinate the daily activities of custodial employees including the coordination of emergency work;
- Ensure work is being completed in compliance with Board policies and procedures, health and safety regulation requirements are being met and that the physical structures provide a clean, safe and desirable condition for learning through the regular inspection of all schools on a regular basis;
- Distribute and monitor the completion of assignments;
- Work with other supervisors and staff members to coordinate operations and activities within and between departments;
- Generate a variety of reports for Manager of Facility Services;
- Develop an evaluation tool for Facility services and determine methods to improve on services, through consultation with end-users;
- Ensure custodial duties are performed satisfactorily, standards are maintained and directives followed;
- Provide on-call services to address vandalism, break-ins, systems malfunction and nuisance calls;
- Assist with the planning of special projects and summer cleaning crew;
- Assist with monitoring attendance and approving absences;
- Orient new hires and those transferred to new locations to the department and the position, as directed;
- Some oversight of contractors: train for health and safety; oversees contractors as related to facility improvements, and maintenance;
- Review and follow up work orders as required;
- Take every reasonable precaution to protect the workers that report to this position’s health and safety;
- Monitor, update and train staff on the health and safety programs related to facilities and operation;
- Frequent travel to facilities in the Board’s jurisdiction;
- Assume other responsibilities, as assigned.
The following are the minimum requirements of this position:
- Secondary school diploma and a minimum of two years of college in related field or equivalent experience;
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle;
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience within the custodial or maintenance field in an industrial setting;
- Minimum of two (2) recent years of experience in a supervisory role, preferably in a unionized setting;
- Excellent verbal and listening communication skills, effective written communication skills, including the ability to prepare reports;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team environment;
- Understanding of buildings and building systems;
- Certification in a trade (mechanical, electrical, carpentry) is an asset;
- Computer literate and familiar with Microsoft Office applications;
- This position will require flexibility in hours of work to accommodate evenings, weekends, etc.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit a letter of application, a resume, copies of supporting documentation and the names of three professional references by Friday, February 7, 2020, and 9:00am.
The Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board is an equal opportunity employer. We take pride in our fair hiring practices. The board will make the necessary accommodations for applicants with disabilities to support participation in the recruitment process. Please contact human resource services if you require assistance.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, the personal information provided is collected in the Education Act and will be used to determine eligibility for employment.
Peterborough Victoria Northumberland and Clarington Catholic District School Board
1355 Lansdowne Street West,
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|