Location: Perth, Ontario
Posted: July 25th 2020
Deadline: September 23rd, 2020
We are AWD Contractors and we believe that by providing our customers with advanced products, sustainable solutions and outstanding customer service, we are improving the lives of our clients, staff and the wider community. Our team of professionals has the skills and experience to get the job done right the first time. We serve many local municipalities within the commercial, industrial, and government sectors, as well as general contractors, developers and private investors.
We are currently recruiting for a Skilled Labourer.
A Skilled Labourer will have past experience working on construction sites. They will have a general knowledge of health and safety on construction sites and how to use various construction materials and equipment. A Skilled Labourer will perform physical work on construction sites including digging, operating hand and power tools, loading and unloading construction materials and level new concrete and other materials.
Duties will include:
- Performing the role in a safe manner
- Assisting the foreman and machine operators in construction projects
- Performing physical labour to complete manual work as required
- Unloading and carrying materials at constructions sites
- Preparing and applying construction materials as required
- Smoothing and levelling new concrete or other materials
- Cleaning out the site from debris and discarded material
- Placing traffic signals where appropriate
- Operating equipment under the direction and supervision of the Lead Hand and Site Foreman
- Following company policies and procedures
- Performing others tasks or duties as required
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and enjoy being outdoors in various weather conditions. They will embrace physical labour, take direction well and be willing to learn new tasks. Additional qualifications include:
- Driver's licence
- CSA safety boots
- Access to a vehicle
- 1-3 years of experience
Working with AWD has its benefits! Some of the things you can look forward to include:
- Health, dental vision and LTD benefits
- Retirement savings plan
- Profit-Sharing program
- Workboot reimbursement program
- Employee appreciation events and recognition
The company retains quality experienced and qualified personnel who are trained to regard the customer with high esteem, from the initial inquiry, through the intimate workings of the contract, ensuring final customer satisfaction.
Our staff are experienced in liaising with other construction-related professionals including local authorities, architects, engineers, utility suppliers, and indeed the general public. They maintain the utmost safety standards and are diligent in achieving the most up-to-date training and WSIB certifications. The company maintains a range of modern heavy equipment.
Perth, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|