|Municipality of Trent Lakes|
Location: Trent Lakes, Ontario
Posted: June 13th 2019
Deadline: June 26th, 2019
Salary: $20.00 per hour
The Municipality of Trent Lakes is recruiting for a seasonable Labourer. This is a five-month position (July to December) in the public works department. This position is 40 hours per week.
As a member of the public works department, the seasonal Labourer works on and provides day-to-day construction and maintenance to municipal roads. The seasonal Labourer performs manual duties, uses small tools and equipment and ensures safety procedures are adhered to. The seasonal Labourer also drives pick-up trucks and other light vehicles and is assigned specific tasks to complete each day. The seasonal Labourer is required to work as a truck driver when required
Complete Job Description
The successful candidate must have the following qualifications:
- Grade 12 or equivalent;
- 1 year of previous experience in a construction or labourer position;
- Valid D class driver’s licence with Z endorsement with clean driver’s abstract;
- Understanding of Ontario Traffic Manual Book 7 – Traffic Protection;
- Ability to obtain Chainsaw Operator Safety certificate and Propane Safety certificate;
- Ability to complete WHMIS training and flag person training;
- Demonstrated knowledge of flagging and construction maintenance regulations;
- Ability to use tractor packer, sledgehammer, cut off saw, steamer, chainsaw and hand tools on a regular basis;
- Knowledge of municipal road maintenance programs and construction methods is required.
Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your application.
Applications (clearly marked as to position sought) will be received in confidence no later than 4:00 p.m., Wednesday, June 26th, 2019.
Candidates are encouraged to inform of any accommodating requests so that they can be dealt with throughout the recruitment process. Personal information is collected pursuant to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used only to evaluate the suitability of applicants for employment.
|Human Resources Coordinator|
Municipality of Trent Lakes
760 Peterborough County Road 36,
Trent Lakes, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|