|City of Brockville|
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posted: July 25th 2020
Deadline: August 4th, 2020
Salary: $22.52-$26.54 per hour
The City of Brockville is recruiting for a Facility Operator to work in the city's operations department. This is a full-time position.
Under the direction of the Supervisor of Arenas & Facilities, the Facility Operator will carry out numerous duties at the city’s arena facilities. Operations and maintenance of these facilities must be performed according to established SOPs and other protocols. This position is responsible for equipment and facilities maintenance, ice making, operating equipment, assisting with ice and hall rentals, housekeeping maintenance, community hall set up and takedowns and customer service.
- A secondary school diploma or equivalent.
- A Certified Ice Technician (CIT) certificate is required or the ability to attain this certification within thirty-six (36) months from the date of hire.
- Previous experience in arena operations and maintenance, including operating the applicable equipment, a sound knowledge of icemaking procedures and strong mechanical aptitude.
- Computer literacy using word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Valid Class G driver’s licence.
- Strong communication skills, be motivated, organized and must have a demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in conflict resolution, effective leadership skills and the ability to interact with the public and diverse user groups.
- Training in First Aid, CPR, and health and safety is an asset.
- Thorough working knowledge of the applicable legislation and regulations is required.
- The incumbent will work shifts averaging 40 hours per week and will be required to work flexible hours including day, night and weekends shifts to meet the needs of the arenas.
- Be available for on-call after regular working hours and able to respond.
- Applicant must be capable of performing physical requirements of the position that involve heavy pushing, pulling and lifting (e.g. lift objects of 25 kg) on a regular basis; work in cold temperature environment and conditions on ice surfaces. Concentration is required when operating equipment.
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit medical documentation of physical ability to perform the duties of the position, along with a satisfactory criminal record check as approved by the City of Brockville.
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the human rights code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard Regulation.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit your cover letter and resume marked “Facility Operator” on/before 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, August 4, 2020.
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
City of Brockville
PO Box 5000, 1 King Street West,
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|