Public Works Operator-Labourer
Public Works Operator-Labourer
|Municipality of South Dundas|
Location: Morrisburg, Ontario
Posted: May 11th 2020
Deadline: May 22nd, 2020
Salary: $48,901-$58-080 per year
The Municipality of South Dundas is recruiting for a Public Works Operator-Labourer. This is a full-time position.
The Operator-Labourer is responsible for the repair, construction and maintenance of municipal roads, rights-of-way, equipment, property and other assets in accordance with municipals standards and policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for conducting general maintenance functions for roads and public works operations, including but not limited to:
- Construction projects and paving preparation
- Maintaining roads in good condition for safe, hazard-free driving
- Building retaining wall, maintaining fences and bridges
- Gravel road maintenance
- Repairing and installing street signs, etc.
- Maintain landscaping in healthy, attractive condition
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise
- Discusses plans, priorities and work scheduled with the lead hand and/or supervisor
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Protects own health and health of others by adopting safe work practices, reporting unsafe conditions immediately, and attending all relevant, in-house training regarding occupational health and safety
- Follows all guidelines for employees and employers as legislated under the Ontario Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Secondary school diploma
- DZ licence
- Good interpersonal skills
- The ability to work independently
- The ability to operate a variety of maintenance equipment safely and efficiently
- Knowledge of road construction and maintenance activities
- Knowledge of road maintenance and construction standards, by-laws and other applicable legislation
This position will be based in the South Dundas. Flexible work hours on days, evenings and weekends will be required. You must be physically fit to perform the essential duties of the job.
We thank all those applicants who apply and advise that acknowledgement will only be forwarded to those applicants who are invited for an interview. Personal information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of candidate selection. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, if you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office at 613-543-2673. Please know that should you require any special accommodations in order to apply for a position or interview for a position with the Municipality of South Dundas, we will endeavour to make such accommodations.
Qualified candidates should forward their application, including proof of certifications, marked “Operator-Labourer” by 12:00 pm on May 22, 2020.
Municipality of South Dundas
34 Ottawa Street, P.O. Box 740,
Morrisburg, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|