Wastewater Treatment Operator
Wastewater Treatment Operator
|City of Brockville|
Location: Brockville, Ontario
Posted: March 9th 2019
Deadline: March 25th, 2019
The City of Brockville is recruiting for a Wastewater Treatment Operator. This is a full-time position.
Under the direction of the Supervisor through the Chief Operator, the Wastewater Treatment Operator will carry out numerous duties at the facilities encompassed in the operation of a Class IV wastewater treatment facility, and a Class III wastewater collection system. Operations and maintenance of these facilities must be performed according to established SOP’s and other protocols, calibration of various in-line instruments, perform sampling and testing in compliance with Ontario Water Resources Act, the Environmental Protection Act, all related legislation including the Certificate of Approval.
Applicants must have a sound knowledge of hydraulics, pump and motor mechanics, water chemistry and the ability to work in a close-knit team environment. The Wastewater Systems Operator must have strong mechanical abilities, functional knowledge of municipal wastewater treatment and collection processes. Instrumentation and/or SCADA system knowledge would be an asset.
- A two (2) year post-secondary diploma in an environmental program or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must hold at minimum a Class II Wastewater Treatment Licence from the Ministry of the Environment, Conservation & Parks, with the expectation to advance and obtain a Class IV Wastewater Treatment Licence.
- Demonstrated experience in municipal wastewater operations.
- Computer literacy using mobile tablet PC, word-processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Valid “G” class driver’s Licence; possession of a valid DZ class driver’s licence would be an asset.
- Training in confined space entry, First Aid, CPR, municipal health and safety is an asset.
- Thorough working knowledge of the applicable legislation and regulations is required.
- The incumbent will work 40 hours per week which may include shifts to cover off weekend duties on a rotating basis.
- On-call after regular working hours with a 30 minute minimum response time is also required but assigned on a rotational basis.
- Applicant must be capable of performing physical requirements of the position that involves heavy pushing, pulling and lifting (e.g. lift objects of 25 kg) on a regular basis; work in uncontrolled environment and conditions, work in confined spaces, work in a construction environment (traffic, uneven ground).
- As a condition of employment, you will be required to submit medical documentation of physical ability to perform the duties of the position, along with a satisfactory criminal record check as approved by the City of Brockville
The personal information submitted is collected under the authority of The Municipal Act and is protected under the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for employment assessment purposes only. The municipality is an equal opportunity employer following the rules and regulations set out by the human rights code and the Integrated Accessibility Standard regulation.
Interested and qualified candidates should submit your cover letter and resume marked “Wastewater Treatment Operator” on or before 4:00 p.m. on Monday, March 25, 2019.
The City of Brockville wishes to thank all applicants and advises that only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
|Human Resources Department|
City of Brockville
PO Box 5000, 1 King Street West,
Brockville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|