Founded in 2020, Tri-Canadian Energy Communications provides fast and reliable Internet to residential and business customers in Hastings and Prince Edward Counties.
We are looking for a contract Radio Frequency Engineering Specialist to join our Network Team based out of Picton, Ontario. This is a full-time position.
In this role, you will bring expertise in radio frequency network design and deployment to a team responsible for the planning, design, and deployment of wireless ISP services infrastructure.
You will be responsible for RF coverage analysis, site selection, planning, design, costing, implementation and optimization.
Responsibilities include filters, spectrum search rings, coverage prediction, capacity dimensioning, site selection, backhaul verification, documenting the design, RF configuration and site integration. You will work closely with other members of the engineering and build teams to ensure accurate, timely deployment of networks and will work closely with multiple teams to ensure RF network functionality delivers the service it was planned for our customers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan and design point to multi-point (PTMP) RF infrastructure for broadcast sites to achieve desired coverage and capacity add requirements.
- Verify connectivity via point to point RF links and network to backhaul sites to point of presence (POPs) while achieving desired network service metrics.
- Develop and author engineering design document detailing what needs to be installed and configured for the site to go live.
- Frequency and RF configuration planning for various platforms based on spectrum availability and usage: RF analysis, generate search rings, site selection, RF configuration (antenna selection, dimensioning, frequency planning, and RF parameters).
- Cost planned network build or upgrades and generate the required request for capital documentation.
- Create and maintain all RF networking design supporting documentation and updating project tasks related to engineering design.
- Site integration: Evaluate RF performance KPIs prior to site launch and troubleshoot interference prior to postlaunch and approve going live.
- RF optimization: Interference analysis, KPI definition and analysis, and recommend optimization steps needed to improve service and customer experience.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or related field; a master's degree is preferred.
- A minimum of five years of experience in the design of RF LTE networks (fixed, mobile) with excellent knowledge of RF propagation, MIMO, antennas, and all RF site accessories.
- Recent solid experience with performance KPIs using the latest LTE / 4G and 5G features.
- Five years of experience with RF network planning and design.
- Data analysis, scripting and developing workflows is preferred.
- Solid knowledge of RF propagation principles, MIMO, antennas, cables, analyzers and wireless technologies.
- Proven problem-solving skills, fast learner and team playing.
- Good understanding of networking, IP basic protocols and addresses planning.
- Solid and clear communication skills, analytical, organizational and decision-making skills.
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment independently with tight deadlines.