engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 600 employees in offices across Canada, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started:
Duties & Responsibilities
Reporting to the head of human resources, the Human Resources Specialist works closely with the human resources team members and other stakeholders to achieve the strategic objectives of the organization. This person will be a resource to junior HR team members for day-to-day questions.
This is an intermediate or senior generalist position. McIntosh Perry has undergone a period of rapid growth and policy, program development and process improvement work will be required of the successful candidate. Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
HR Generalist Activities
- Review and report on monthly human resource metrics.
- Lead or participate in the development and implementation of new and revised human resource programs, policies and procedures to achieve strategic goals and in support of operations.
- Coordinate and administer the annual compensation review process.
Employee Relations or Performance Management
- Coach managers and practice area leaders in the appraisal process.
- Support and coach employees on the appraisal process.
- Support and coach managers and practice area leaders on a range of employee-related issues.
- Work closely with team managers, AVPs and VPs to determine hiring needs.
- Guide managers, APVs and VPs through the corporate hiring process.
- Become knowledgeable at using the McIntosh Perry method of recruitment, selection, hiring.
- Coordinate with external recruiters and executive search firms.
- Conduct full-cycle recruiting including resumes screening, interviewing and reference verification.
- Review, enhance and champion an employee referral program.
Human Resources Administration:
- Human resources input on legislative requirements including interpretation of employment standards.
- General human resource administration (offer letters, termination packages, etc.)
- Review the work of administrative human resource team members, providing input and answering routine questions.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. For more information about McIntosh Perry, to see why it's such a great place to work and one of the fastest-growing engineering firms in Canada visit our website at www.mcintoshperry.com