|Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre|
Location: Petawawa, Ontario
Posted: July 25th 2020
Deadline: August 14th, 2020
The Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre (PMFRC) is a non-profit organization with the responsibility of addressing the needs of military families. We provide programs and services that serve, involve, and advocate for our military community, its members and families, and address the unique military lifestyle challenges, resulting in an enhanced quality of life. The PMFRC envisions a community of strong, capable, resilient Canadian Armed Forces families.
For more information on who we are, please visit us at www.CAFconnection.ca/Petawawa
We are currently recruiting for three Social Workers. One position is an indefinite contract (full-time) and two positions are term contracts for a maternity replacement (full-time.)
Under the direction of the PMFRC Clinical Manager, the Social Worker is responsible to provide standardized, consistent care, service and support to military families (this includes individuals, children, youth and couples) coping with a broad range of mental health issues, illness, injury, loss or other special needs.
The position includes collaborating with the multi-disciplinary team at the PMFRC, networking with community resources and contributing trends and information towards the development of prevention and intervention programs and resources to respond to the needs of military families at Garrison Petawawa.
- Minimum of a Bachelor in Social Work or a related discipline with courses relevant to counselling, family therapy, psychotherapy and extensive direct clinical experience working with children, adolescents, families, adults, individuals, couples and groups
- Registered member in good standing with the OCSWSSW or the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO) with at least two (2) years direct client experience
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) with preference given to those bilingual in both official languages (English and French)
- Thorough understanding of Canadian Armed Forces communities, systems and policies to effectively assist families in accessing appropriate services and supports.
- Language requirement: English mandatory; French an asset
- In implementing a service delivery of support services, programs and crisis intervention to CAF families who are coping with mental health, emotional and couple-family issues including illness, injury, special needs.
- In providing, or support the development of educational and awareness sessions, briefings and resources regarding mental health and wellness, family conflict, transition, change management, compassion fatigue to varied audiences (individuals, family members, community groups and various base and civilian partners in CAF communities throughout the Petawawa area)
- In exhibiting characteristics of warmth, empathy, humour, and a non-judgemental philosophy of care and strong understanding and application of ethical principles
- Demonstrated experience working with individuals, families, couples and small groups with a minimum of 2 years of experience in counselling, clinical therapy, crisis management, family education and support, trauma, grief and loss and completing trauma assessments
- Possess a wide range of theoretical and practical knowledge encompassing program design, development and implementation, facilitation, coordination, evaluation, group dynamics, crisis intervention, family violence, abuse and attachment theory-separation issues
- Formal training and experience in assessment and treatment with a variety of responsive best practises, evidence-based treatment interventions (ie: brief therapy, CBT, DBT, family therapy, crisis assessment and intervention, motivational interviewing techniques)
- Knowledge of civilian and provincial agencies and organizations that can provide support to the military families
- Proficiency in mental health assessments and counselling techniques that are trauma-informed and strength-resiliency-based
- Possess a wide range of theoretical and practical knowledge encompassing program design, developing and implementation, facilitation, coordination, evaluation and group dynamics
- Full understanding of PMFRC programs and services to enable quality referrals for families into services and supports
- A high degree of personal initiative and ability to work flexible hours; flexibility will be required to work evenings to meet the needs of the families we serve
- Sensitivity and tact in dealing with people and able to effectively collaborate with community partners
- Public speaking and presentation development
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work well both independently and in a collaborative team environment
Salary: $26.65 per hour (BSW), $32.89 per hour (MSW)
Indefinite full-time contracts include health benefits (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability insurance and accidental death and dismemberment coverage), work-life balance, paid and unpaid leave (vacation, family-related, and sick leave), RRSP (2% matching RRSP after 1 year of employment). Term contracts include 6% vacation pay on each pay.
Conditions of Employment
- Adhere to all PMFRC policies and procedures including policies regarding privacy code and confidentiality
- Participate in and assist with all special events when required
- Provide proof of the registration with the respective regulatory college (OCSWSSW or CRPO)
- Occasional extended workday and/or occasional evening or weekend as required
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check, obtain an enhanced reliability security clearance and vulnerable sector screening (current within 6 months).
- Valid driver’s licence with access to a reliable vehicle for work-related travel and requisite driver’s insurance
- Travel within the County of Renfrew
Due to COVID-19 health and safety measures, this position will be required to balance working from home and at the office as required. The selection process and interviews will be done virtually.
If you wish to become a member of our team, please submit both a cover letter and resume in a Word or PDF format; clearly demonstrating how you meet the required qualifications stated above. Please include your day-time contact number and email address.
- Closing: August 14, 2020.
- Potential Start Date: September 2020
PMFRC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Human Resources Generalist|
Petawawa Military Family Resource Centre
10-16 Regalbuto Avenue,
Petawawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|