Direct Support Professionals
Direct Support Professionals
|Community Living North Grenville|
Location: Kemptville, Ontario
Posted: January 11th 2020
Deadline: March 11th, 2020
Salary: $21.07 to $23.73 per hour
Community Living North Grenville (CLNG) is a local organization founded by families and friends of individuals with an intellectual disability. Community Living North Grenville advocates for promotes and facilitates the full participation, inclusion and citizenship of people who have an intellectual disability.
We are currently recruiting for Direct Support Professionals. These are part-time positions of 24-32 hours per week.
- Facilitates support for individuals based on self-directed support plans.
- Demonstrates a respectful relationship with each individual which recognizes their rights as citizens and promotes dignity and well-being.
- Supports individuals to develop decision-making skills, exercise choices, and assume responsibilities and reasonable risk that promote inclusion in the community. Involves individuals and their advocates in the decision making process.
- Is aware of the unique strengths, needs and preferences of each individual, particularly as it relates to an individual’s goals and aspirations.
- Works with support services, landlords, volunteers, and community groups to provide support and services, as required.
- Supports each individual to participate in the cultural, spiritual, recreational, leisure, and education activities in the community.
- Provides personal care as required.
- Supports individuals to make informed choices in all areas as needed including healthy lifestyle (nutrition, diet, exercise), budgeting, medical and safety issues.
- Ensures confidentiality of all information pertaining to people supported, CLNG employees and the association.
- Developmental Services Worker (DSW) diploma or related post-secondary education at a college or university level (Social Service Worker diploma, Child and Youth Worker diploma, Personal Support Worker diploma).
- A valid class G driver’s licence with a safe driving record. CPI, CPR, and First Aid training are mandatory.
- Appropriate experience providing individualized support, and facilitating individual personal outcomes, based on self-directed support planning.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Hours of Work:
Hours of work vary; therefore applicants must be available to work days, evenings, overnights and weekends. Employees will be scheduled for part-time hours as well as be expected to pick up last-minute call-in shifts.
Join Community Living North Grenville to start your rewarding career as a Direct Support Professional. We offer competitive salaries, 11.5% in lieu of benefits, and access to a group RRSP managed by a professional financial organization. You will get the opportunity to support individuals to reach their goals while advancing your skills through our training, orientation and professional development opportunities.
What We Offer:
- Flexible working hours
- Casual dress
- On-site parking
- Company events and social hours
|Virginia McFadden, Human Resources Manager |
Community Living North Grenville
2830 County Road 43, P.O. Box 1430,
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|