Residential Counsellor Aides
Residential Counsellor Aides
|Carebridge Community Support|
Location: Almonte, Ontario
Posted: December 27th 2019
Deadline: February 25th, 2020
Salary: $20.73 per hour
Carebridge Community Support is seeking Residential Counsellor Aides in Smiths Falls and Almonte areas in developmental services. There are full-time, part-time and casual positions. We are a multi-service agency with one of its functions being a provider of support services to individuals with intellectual disabilities.
The Residential Counselor Aide (RCA) is an advocate for individuals and is responsible for helping to develop and implement person-centred plans in accordance with residents’ individual needs. The RCA is also responsible for assisting residents in achieving their potential in activities of daily living and administering resident care as required.
- Coordinates and supports residents’ activities and residence programs by establishing a good rapport and communicating effectively with all residents, families and friends of residents;
- Assists in facilitating leisure and recreational activities according to resident wishes and programs within the residence;
- Carrying out required programming, feeding, dressing, assisting residents with personal hygiene routines, including lifting and bathing routines, when necessary, and ensuring that residents are properly attired for programs being attended or for outings;
- Responsible for dispensing medication and providing care as needed, and completing accurate documentation as required;
- Being aware of and up-to-date on medical problems and their precautions and being able to deal with emergency situations;
- Functions as a member of a collaborative team by maintaining open communication with colleagues and team leader;
- Report any hazards, hazardous conditions or other concerns related to the health and safety of any person in the workplace to your immediate supervisor or designated person in charge;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum education and skill requirement: PSW, DSW, S.S.G.D., SSW or, Mental Health Worker, related post-secondary training or equivalent field related experience is preferred.
- Experience in community residential services and programming as related to intellectually delayed persons, with knowledge and experience in applied behaviour analysis.
- A mature and conscientious individual who is creative and flexible.
- Valid G driver’s licence and driver’s abstract are required.
- Valid First Aid certificate with CPR/AED Level C.
- A criminal record check for the vulnerable sector within the last 6 months is required.
If you are interested in being considered for a position, please forward a cover letter and resume, indicating the location and type of position you are interested in.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Brittany Hudson, Director, HR |
Carebridge Community Support
67 Industrial Drive, P.O. Box 610,
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|