Residential Counselor Aides
Residential Counselor Aides
|Mills Community Support Corporation|
Location: Almonte, Ontario
Posted: June 13th 2019
Deadline: June 25th, 2019
Salary: $20.52 per hour
Mills Community Support (MCS) assists over 1,000 people throughout Lanark County (Carleton Place, Beckwith Township, Mississippi Mills, Lanark Highlands, and Smiths Falls) to live healthy, safe and connected lives.
Since 1975, MCS has provided seniors’ services and programs such as home support and personal care at home, affordable housing to seniors and families, and support for adults with complex needs. Mills Community Support also undertakes community development projects that engage partners and build healthy, welcoming communities. A non-profit multi-service agency and registered charity, Mills Community Support employs over 150 people and gratefully receives the time and talent of over 100 community volunteers
Mills Community Support Corporation is seeking Residential Counsellor Aides in Smiths Falls and Almonte areas in developmental services. We are a multi-service agency with one of its functions being a provider of support services to individuals with intellectual disabilities.
The Residential Counselor Aide (RCA) is an advocate for individuals and is responsible for helping to develop and implement person-centred plans in accordance with residents’ individual needs. The RCA is also responsible for assisting residents in achieving their potential in activities of daily living and administering resident care as required.
- Coordinates and supports resident activities and residence programs by establishing a good rapport and communicating effectively with all residents, families and friends of residents;
- Assists in facilitating leisure and recreational activities according to resident wishes and programs within the residence;
- Carrying out required programming, feeding, dressing, assisting residents with personal hygiene routines, including lifting and bathing routines, when necessary, and ensuring that residents are properly attired for programs being attended or for outings;
- Responsible for dispensing medication and providing care as needed, and completing accurate documentation as required;
- Being aware of and up-to-date on medical problems and their precautions and being able to deal with emergency situations;
- Functions as a member of a collaborative team by maintaining open communication with colleagues and team leader;
- Report any hazards, hazardous conditions or other concerns related to the health and safety of any person in the workplace to your immediate supervisor or designated person in charge;
- Other duties as assigned.
- PSW, DSW, S.S.G.D., SSW or Mental Health Worker
- Related post-secondary training or equivalent field related experience is preferred
- Experience in community residential services and programming as related to intellectually delayed persons, with knowledge and experience in applied behaviour analysis
- A mature and conscientious individual who is creative and flexible
- Valid G driver’s licence and possession of a vehicle for work and appropriate insurance
If you are interested in being considered for a position, please forward a cover letter and resume, indicating the location and type of position you are interested in.
We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Brittany Hudson, Director of Human Resources|
Mills Community Support Corporation
67 Industrial Drive, PO Box 610,
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|