Case Management Worker
Case Management Worker
|New Canadians Centre Peterborough|
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posted: April 26th 2019
Deadline: May 6th, 2019
Salary: $21.99-$27.97 per hour
The New Canadians Centre Peterborough (NCC) is a non-profit charitable organization dedicated to supporting immigrants and refugees in the Peterborough, Kawartha Lakes, Haliburton and Northumberland regions. We strive to empower immigrants and refugees to become full and equal members of Canadian society and to provide community leadership to ensure cultural integration in a welcoming community.
We are currently recruiting for a Case Management Worker. This is a full-time, permanent position.
Case Management Workers (CMW) are responsible for assisting clients (especially high-need clients) through their settlement process. Using a multidisciplinary case-management approach, the CMWs provide clients with a broad base of support and resources and help newcomers in the process of adapting to life in Canada.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interview clients to obtain case history and background information
- Assess new clients’ needs and work with clients to address these needs
- Assist clients in the process of adjustment to life in Canada in areas such as education, health, finances, housing, recreation, and employment
- Assist with preparation, interpretation and submission of general and immigration-related forms and applications
- Provide appropriate and relevant information and referral services on community and government programs and services in a manner and pace suitable to the language level of the client
- Provide orientation to and general information about Peterborough and/or the surrounding area
- Meet with clients to assess their progress, give support and discuss any difficulties or problems
- Provide support and information for clients experiencing personal and/or family issues
- Liaise with other service providers and advocate for clients as required
- Provide support to community members and agencies on relevant issues
- Contact clients to provide information about events, opportunities and programs
- Office administration duties
Complete Job Description
- Post-secondary education in a human services field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Understanding and emotional empathy for the struggles immigrants and refugees face in starting a new life in Canada and Peterborough
- Experience in counselling and needs assessment
- Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with key stakeholders, especially in newcomer communities
- Fluency in English and another language is required (verbal and written)
- Strong knowledge and understanding of refugee issues with the ability to outreach to newcomer communities and service providers.
- Familiarity with programs and services available in Peterborough
- Ability to function in a multidisciplinary, culturally diverse workplace
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and cross-cultural competence
- Excellent computer skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work flexible hours (some evenings, weekends)
- Use of a vehicle and access to a personal vehicle for occasional work purposes is required
- Willingness to work on call if/as required
Applications (cover letter and resume) must be mailed, emailed or hand-delivered, and received by May 6, 2019, 1:00pm. Application via fax will not be accepted. Applications will ONLY be accepted if received as directed.
Questions can be directed to Marisa Kaczmarczyk at email@example.com. Thank you for your interest. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The NCC strives to be an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. Any information obtained during the course of recruitment will be used for employment recruitment purposes only, and not for any other purpose. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under the NCC’s accessible customer service policy. Applicants will need to make their needs known in advance.
New Canadians Centre Peterborough
221 Romaine Street,
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|