Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posted: April 26th 2019
Deadline: June 25th, 2019
Salary: $17.43 per hour
What are you looking for in a career path? Flexibility? Responsibility? To be inspired? Opportunities to learn? The chance to change someone’s life for the better? How about getting paid to do things like go to the movies, visit museums, go bowling or attend cooking classes?
Array Services is recruiting for Relief Staff. These are for occupational and residential positions.
If we have your attention, we’re looking for people like you. Creative, motivated, out-of-the-box thinkers who want to part of the process of helping people succeed. Array Services supports people first and foremost. People who face challenges to typical communication, whether they be non-verbal, deaf or hard of hearing in addition to living with developmental disabilities. We offer a host of different employment experiences, all of which provide a diverse set of learning opportunities and rewards.
Don’t know American Sign Language? That’s ok, we’ll set up you with the education you need to flourish in our fully ASL immersed environments. We’ll also provide you with a wealth of different training opportunities to teach you what you need to know about the language, about the people we serve and about who we are.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist individuals with identifying goals and implementing structured supports to achieve them.
- Leveraging community services, completing communication supports (ASL), promoting inclusion and self-advocacy and some personal care are all examples of responsibilities that are part of helping people live a healthy and connected life.
Other Skills Required:
- Self-directed, creative, problem solving is a must have in staff members.
- You’ll be helping people find the best ways to communicate, so excellent communication skills are a must.
- Proficiency with a computer, advocacy and organizational skills will all position you for success in this field.
- Flexibility is also a necessity as our shifts include; days, evenings, weekends and overnights.
- Working knowledge of AODA legislation is a definite plus.
- Also, we need people who can work independently and as a cohesive member of a team working to inspire each other every day.
- American Sign Language (ASL)
- Applied Behavioural Analysis
- Emergency First Aid and CPR
- Core competencies for developmental services
- Valid G licence
- DSW certificate an asset.
Array is committed to ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for all candidates. If you require an accommodation during the recruitment/interview process due to a disability, please inform the hiring team leader.
Joining people on their journey through life can be an incredible and richly rewarding experience, better than any movie or book. There will be tears and there will be laughter, as people in service ride the same roller coaster of life that the rest of us do. If this is something that might interest you, drop us a line. You can find us on Facebook, through our website: arrayservices.ca
304-349A George Street North,
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|