|Cornwall Community Hospital|
Location: Cornwall, Ontario
Posted: January 23rd 2021
Deadline: February 26th, 2021
Salary: $33.56-$48.05 per hour
As part of the Cornwall Community Hospital you uphold the mission, vision and ICARE values in order to create a safe environment for patients, clients, families, staff, physicians and volunteers, recognizing patient safety and our hospital's senior-friendly trategies as a top priority in creating a culture of safety and the workplace of choice. Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodation are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment and selection process.
We are recruiting for a Registered Nurse First Episode Psychosis. This is a temporary, part-time position with a day shift of Monday through Friday.
Under to the Supervisor, Assertive Community Treatment Team, the Registered Nurse works to provide psychiatric treatment services and transition support to individuals and families using a care model which emphasizes a holistic approach of health promotion and client education, and encourages clients to take responsibility for their own health as well as embody a culture of caregiver inclusion in the patient’s plan of care.
- Holds current Certificate of Competence from the College of Nurses of Ontario
- In-depth knowledge of serious mental illness with a demonstrated experience in an addiction and mental health environment.
- Demonstrated skill and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships with persons with a serious mental illness with respect for clients' rights and preferences.
- Minimum of two year of experience providing psychiatric treatment services to adults with a serious mental illness.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills and the ability to work flexible hours and evenings.
- Knowledge of Mental Health Act and other relevant legislation
- Highly effective oral communication and interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively within the community and across the service system.
- Able to assist in the management of client medications including documentation, preparation and administering of long acting injections as directed by a physician.
- Able to draw blood in order to monitor specialized medications such as clozaril and lithium.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently with other service providers.
- Administrative skills: supervising students, completing reports and maintaining client records; working in a computerized (Microsoft Office) environment.
- Must have a valid Ontario driver's licence with access to own vehicle, and acceptable driving record.
- Demonstrated regular, punctual attendance
- Demonstrated commitment to patient safety
- Functional level in both official languages (oral and written in English; oral in French and testing completed)
- Training in Crisis Intervention, Suicide Prevention and CPR
You'll want to work at Cornwall Hospital because of our "patient first" attitude. We provide high quality, compassionate care and are dedicated to working together in a style that creates a healthy, healing caring environment. We are a friendly place to work where everyone makes an effort to know you and help you; a community of health care providers who value each other and our varied contributions.Cornwall Hospital is committed to providing an accessible work environment. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in the recruitment/selection process.
|Cornwall Community Hospital|
850 McConnell Avenue,
Cornwall, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|