|Renfrew Victoria Hospital|
Location: Renfrew, Ontario
Posted: January 26th 2020
Deadline: February 18th, 2020
The Renfrew Victoria Hospital (RVH) is a fully accredited facility located just 45 minutes west of Ottawa. Part of the Renfrew and Area Health Village, a multi-service regional health community, we support 450 staff with state-of-the-art equipment and offer surgical, medical and complex continuing care as well as an extensive ambulatory care program with over 30,000 emergency and clinic visits per year.
We are currently recruiting for Nurse Practitioners (NP) to work in our evolving model of patient care.
As an integral member of our team, and working in collaboration with our medical staff, the NP will demonstrate advanced knowledge, skill and judgment in providing care to patients. In this advanced practice role, the NP will carry a caseload of patients and manage their care in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team. The role will include the authority to diagnose, order and interpret diagnostic tests, prescribe pharmaceuticals and perform procedures.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario in the Extended Class;
- Member of RNAO and NPAO;
- Minimum of two years of recent clinical experience as an NP in an acute care setting working with medically complex patients;
- Advanced health assessment and clinical skills combined with sound clinical judgment and diagnostic skills relevant to managing a wide variety of health concerns;
- Experience working in a hospitalist model of care environment;
- Experience working with Epic or another electronic health record is considered an asset;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work independently as well as in a team context;
- Demonstrated knowledge, sensitivity and expertise in the care of seniors;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous quality improvement, patient safety, and values consistent with those of RVH.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by February 18, 2020, at 12:00pm.
Named the Most Welcoming Town 2017, the Town of Renfrew provides an exceptional quality of life including a thriving business sector with unique shopping exemplified by the town’s historic buildings and specialized shops. Located in the Ottawa Valley, Ontario’s adventure playground, Renfrew is situated only minutes away from pristine waterways, woodlands and forests, with the amenities of Ottawa close at hand.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
RVH is an equal opportunity employer, committed to meeting needs under the Canadian Charter of Rights and Freedom, the Ontario Human Rights Code, and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act.
Applicants requiring accommodation should contact human resources at 613-432-4851.
Renfrew Victoria Hospital
499 Raglan Street North,
Renfrew, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|