|Reference Number: 2019-37|
Location: Alexandria, Ontario
Posted: September 8th 2019
Deadline: October 20th, 2019
At Hôpital Glengarry Memorial Hospital (HGMH), we look to hire kind, compassionate and dynamic team members to provide the highest quality patient care and service. At HGMH, we are working together to make a difference in the lives of our patients and community. We recognize that the success of our hospital depends on the excellence of our people.
We are recruiting for a Physiotherapist. This is a temporary, full-time position - a one-year contract until December 2020.
Physiotherapists assess patients and plan and carry out individually designed treatment programs to maintain, improve or restore physical functioning and mobility, alleviate pain and prevent physical dysfunction in patients. This position is involved with the education of patients and/or family members with regards to physiotherapy and the management of the patient’s health problems.
- A university degree in physiotherapy from an accredited Canadian Physiotherapy Program and a period of supervised practical training.
- Licence with or eligible for licensure with the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario.
- Bilingualism is preferred; English (spoken and written) and French (spoken); to be tested
Key Competencies required at HGMH are:
- Integrity: We create and maintain an atmosphere of reliability, honesty, and confidentiality. We provide care that is both ethical and fair, not varying in quality because of personal characteristics such as gender, ethnicity, geographic location, and socioeconomic status.
- Respect: We treat everyone with courtesy, honour, and dignity, accepting and valuing each individual. We provide care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values, and ensure that patient values guide all clinical decisions.
- Quality & Safety: We make a commitment to achieve excellence by providing services in a timely, efficient, safe, and accurate manner through ongoing evaluation for improvement. We diligently maintain high standards by performing our duties safely, with expertise and good judgment.
- Compassion: We understand that how health care is delivered is just as important as what health care is delivered, and we commit ourselves to provide compassionate care to our patients and their families.
- Working Together: We support each other, our patients, and their families by proactively providing assistance and support. We know that by working together, we can achieve great things.
All qualified candidates are invited to apply; however, preference will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
HGMH is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us of any particular adaptive measures you might require. We thank all candidates for applying. We will only contact candidates selected for further consideration. Any information you send us will be handled respectfully and in complete confidence.
Please submit your CV in English referring to the posting ID in the subject.
20260 County Road 43,
Alexandria, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|