|Madawaska Valley Family Health Team|
Location: Barry's Bay, Ontario
Posted: July 11th 2019
Deadline: September 9th, 2019
The Madawaska Valley Family Health Team is seeking to recruit a passionate and collaborative clinician for the position of Nurse Practitioner. This is a 0.5 to 0.8 FTE position.
The newly created Madawaska Valley Family Health Team (MVFHT) is located in Barry’s Bay. The Nurse Practitioner (NP) is a valued member of our team, diagnosing and treating patients of all ages. The NP provides medical care, education and coordination of care for patients experiencing a spectrum of medical issues from new life events to episodic illness to chronic disease. The Nurse Practitioner works closely with our associated physicians, providing care to patients enrolled in their medical practices in conjunction with becoming the primary care provider to unattached patients in the community. Under the direction of the Executive Director, and within the supportive structure of our team, the NP functions in keeping with MVFHT policies, procedures and values.
- Conduct skilled examinations appropriate to the age, sex and risk factors of each patient, including preventive interventions and immunizations as per current clinical guidelines.
- Determine the need for, order, perform and review appropriate diagnostic tests.
- Provide patients with appropriate and understandable clinical advice, education and counselling, based on sound and up-to-date medical knowledge.
- Accurately document in the patient record all assessments, observations, conversations, interventions and clinical discussions relating to patient care.
- Collaborate and liaise positively with physicians, office staff and other team members to optimize outcomes to the patient.
- Communicate effectively with hospital and community staff (and other inter-professional team members as required), ensuring smooth transitions of patient care between sites.
- Arrange for referrals (internal and external) as necessary.
- Participate in case management discussion.
- Participate in Team activities and attend team meetings.
- Participate in the evaluation of the quality and effectiveness of practice, to contribute to positive changes in programs and care.
- Contribute to the preparation of periodic government reports as required.
- Current registration (or eligible for registration) with the College of Nurses of Ontario as a Nurse Practitioner-Primary Health Care (NP-PHC).
- Graduate of a recognized primary health care nurse practitioner program.
- Current registration with the NPAO and evidence of liability insurance.
- Strong clinical skills.
- Demonstrated experience in community and/or primary care medicine.
- Skilled in leadership, organization, evaluation, time management, verbal and written communication and critical thinking.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with electronic medical records.
- Must be able to travel and hold a valid driver’s licence.
Please note that this position may require travel and flexible work hours, including evening and weekend clinics, patient home visits and off-site programs.
Term of Employment:
This is a permanent, part-time position with a start date in July or August 2019.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits, dependent on experience.
The Madawaska Valley Family Health Team is committed to employment equity, diversity and a supportive environment. The MVFHT welcomes applications from all qualified individuals, including women, persons with disabilities, members of visible minorities and Aboriginal persons, individuals of diverse gender and sexual orientation and all groups protected by the Ontario Human Rights Code. The MVFHT offers accommodation for applicants with disabilities in its recruitment processes. If you are contacted by the MVFHT regarding a job opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Please note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Madawaska Valley Family Health Team
Barry's Bay, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|