Personal Support Worker
Personal Support Worker
|Reference Number: FMT-19-065|
Location: Glenburnie, Ontario
Posted: June 13th 2019
Deadline: August 12th, 2019
Salary: $22.97 per hour
Fairmount Home is recognized as a home of choice thanks to our Gentlecare® philosophy; the dedication of staff, volunteers, students and community partners; our sustainable practices and our quest for continuous quality improvement.
We are currently recruiting for a Personal Support Worker. This is a permanent, part-time position with a guaranteed minimum of 15 hours per pay period.
The Personal Support Worker (PSW) is part of an interprofessional team providing basic care and support to assist residents with their basic physical, psychological and social needs in accordance with an established plan of care. The PSW works with residents who may have a variety of health-related issues. The PSW is the primary basic care and support provider to residents and supports the effective operations of the Home. The PSW will carry out the duties in alignment to the organization’s mission, vision and values, and work to further its priorities.
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Personal Support Worker certificate from a recognized community college and/or an accredited program as legislated in the Long Term Care Homes Act
- Equivalent combination of relevant education and experience as identified in the Long Term Care Homes Act may be considered including graduate nursing assistant, registered practical nurse, graduated nurse, registered nurse
Key Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Understanding and commitment to the Gentlecare® philosophy
- Understanding, acceptance and commitment to promoting the home’s mission, vision and values
- Commitment to resident and client-centered service and care
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to communicate information to a diverse audience base
- Professional work ethic and behaviours in interaction with internal and external contacts and the ability to express ideas clearly and concisely with ease and confidence in a professional, consistent and positive manner
- Basic computer proficiency with solid knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel and Outlook; ability to use patient care software applications (e.g. MED e-care)
- Satisfactory Criminal Reference Check and Vulnerable Sector Screen
Please note: The PT-1 schedule consists of 2 weekends on, 1 weekend off and 1 weekend on. Shifts include 7:00am-3:00pm, 3:00pm-11:00pm and 11:00pm-7:00am.
Please submit your cover letter and resume in one document outlining your skills and qualifications as they relate to the position, quoting the competition number.
The County of Frontenac is an equal opportunity employer. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Accessibility accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment process and applicants must make their needs known in advance.
2069 Battersea Road,
Glenburnie, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|