Communications and Fundraising Specialist
Communications and Fundraising Specialist
|Carefor Health & Community Services|
Location: Pembroke, Ontario
Posted: June 6th 2022
Deadline: July 20th, 2022
Carefor is Eastern Ontario’s largest home care and community support services not-for-profit with over 1,600 employees operating in Eastern Counties, Ottawa, and Pembroke-Renfrew County. Formerly the Victorian Order of Nurses, Carefor has been providing service in Ottawa for over 123 years.
We are recruiting for a Communications and Fundraising Specialist. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the Manager of Communications, Marketing and Fundraising, the Communications and Fundraising Specialist will execute an integrated communications plan utilizing a variety of traditional and digital platforms. In accordance with Carefor’s communications strategy, the incumbent will help maximize Carefor’s brand visibility.
The Communications and Fundraising Specialist will also lead on the regional execution of the organization’s fundraising strategy by following and implementing regional fundraising plan through social media, direct mail, donor engagement, donor stewardship and event planning and execution.
You will make an impact in the following ways:
- Identify and capture stories of clients, care-partners, staff and volunteers using photo, video and text to use in regional communications and fundraising campaigns
- Develop and deliver integrated communications and marketing campaigns to external stakeholders through advertising, direct marketing, digital and social media
- In accordance with organizational guidelines and the communications and fundraising strategy, promote the organization by:
- Developing content across all digital and social media platforms
- Overseeing the design, production and copywriting of print material
- Engaging with local media through writing press releases, organizing media, and responding to routine media inquiries
- Develop and oversee comprehensive fundraising strategy and annual work plan to meet regional fundraising targets
- Maintain prospect list and works with regional council members to identify and steward potential and existing donors
- Track and report on progress toward fundraising goals
- Coordinate vendors to support with communications and fundraising campaigns and strategies
- Develop and monitor budget
- Plan, organize and coordinate fundraising events
- Secure and coordinate sponsorship (in kind and cash)
- Update information in the donor database
- Other related tasks as assigned
We are looking for an individual with:
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with technical and nontechnical staff at all organizational levels
- Excellent communication (both written and verbal) and interpersonal skills with a proven effective customer service focus
You will need to have:
- Post-secondary degree in communications or a related field (e.g., marketing, journalism, or fundraising)
- Minimum of three-years of experience leading communications activities as well as developing and implementing social media campaigns
- Experience with fundraising (strong asset) in terms of writing donor communications, hosting events and managing donor relations
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, InDesign and Premier Pro
Qualifications considered an asset:
- Certified Fund Raising Executive
- Experience coordinating the deployment of volunteers to support fundraising activities
- Experience with video production
- Experience working in a health care environment and/or working in a non-profit organization
- Ability to converse in both official languages
What we offer you:
- Competitive base salary
- Health and dental benefits
- Defined benefit pension program
- Flexible schedule and work arrangements
- Work life balance
- Employee assistance program
- Professional development opportunities
- A collaborative team culture that supports making a difference in the lives of our clients
Carefor is committed to providing an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please let us know in your application if you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor will only provide employment to those who can provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to human rights exemption.
Carefor values equity, diversity and inclusion in all its forms and recruits qualified individuals at all occupational levels that reflect the diversity of our clients and our community. We are committed to providing inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and a work environment that supports our diverse workforce. If you require accommodations at any stage of the recruitment process, please let your Talent Acquisition Coordinator know or contact us in confidence at firstname.lastname@example.org providing notice in advance. All requests for accommodation will be considered in a fair and objective manner that will ensure applicants are treated with respect and dignity.
Carefor Health & Community Services
Pembroke, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|