Foundation Development Officer
Foundation Development Officer
|Royal Military College Foundation|
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posted: April 10th 2020
Deadline: June 6th, 2020
The Royal Military Colleges of Canada Foundation Inc. is a registered charity whose mission is to engage alumni and Canadians alike, in donorship and sponsorship activities above and beyond the mandate of the Canadian Forces to preserve and enhance the experience, history, traditions and culture of the Canadian Military Colleges as they develop Canada’s future leaders.
We are currently recruiting for a Foundation Development Officer.
The Foundation Development Officer (FDO) reports directly to the foundation’s executive vice president (EVP). The FDO will work closely with the EVP and the chair of the fundraising committee to plan, execute and deliver ambitious income targets from a range of potential donors.
- Develop through recommendations to and from the chair of the fundraising committee, the strategy for long term fundraising for the foundation.
- Execute the strategy through a series of tactical thrusts involving:
- Classification of various segments of donors and assignment of donors to segments. (high net worth, high recurrent class donors, high recurrent individual donors, special activity donors (entry to old brigade gift, top-ups to previous gifts, etc.).
- In conjunction with the fundraising coordinator, conduct research to identify new donors and sponsors.
- Analysis of donors and the development of an approach to each of the segments including maintaining a profile of each group and HNW donor.
- Sponsors – linking the sponsor to the event, approaching sponsors.
- Develop a budget for meeting annual objectives.
- Develop KPIs for use in evaluating results of fundraising and prepare reports for EVP and chair of the fundraising committee.
- Development of fundraising materials, packages for sponsors, and written/oral communications with respect to fundraising.
- Conduct information sessions for parents and cadets (focusing on new cadets).
- Maintain donor contact information in foundation software, recommend and provide analysis for all proposed new/replacement/accessory software for use by the foundation.
Planning and Reports:
- Participate with the chair of fundraising to develop the long-term strategy of the foundation with respect to fundraising.
- Participate with the chair of fundraising to develop the annual plan for fundraising, according to the principals annunciated above.
- Prepare all annual development reports measuring the KPIs to original requirements.
- Serve as spokesperson for the foundation with respect to Fundraising as required and subject to the direction of the EVP.
- Ensure a positive working relationship within the foundation staff and extends this relationship to working with the RMC club staff.
- Ensure that the same message with respect to fundraising is understood and extended to all personnel external to the foundation.
- 3 to 5 years in a similar role with demonstrated success in raising funds up to $1-million dollars.
- Passion for learning the foundation’s role and translating it into fundraising strategy, execution and donor inflows.
- Professional, confident rapport with a clearly demonstrated ability to open doors, deliver appropriate presentations and build lasting relationships.
- Post-secondary education in a related field.
- French and English spoken and written proficiency.
- Knowledge of CRA charitable tax rules and regulations.
- Strong knowledge of donor software (Donor Perfect experience would be an asset).
- High proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Prior experience working with military personnel is preferred.
For the position of FDO, the RMC Foundation offers a competitive base salary, benefits plan and bonus based on achievement of key performance indicators. Interested applicants can provide their cover letter and resume.
|Nancy Marr Executive, Vice President|
Royal Military College Foundation
15 Point Frederick Drive, Panet House, Second Floor,
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|