The CHEO Foundation is recruiting for a Corporate Development Officer.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development and Corporate Relations, the Corporate Development Officer will serve as a key member of the CHEO Foundation team.
The Corporate Development Officer’s role is integral to the CHEO Foundation meeting its fundraising goals. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of corporate donors and potential corporate donors. Leveraging your own contact list to engage corporate partners to get involved with CHEO is one element of this position. Additionally, this position will require involvement in the organization of several special fundraising projects already in place along with the development of new revenue-generating partnerships.
- Development of team fundraising strategy.
- Recruitment of corporate team participation in CN Cycle for CHEO and RBC Race for the Kids and associated stewardship requirements.
- Development of fundraising support tools and resources.
- Prospect and solicit corporate support for corporate gifts, sponsorship opportunities and staff engagement.
- Creation of sponsorship reports.
- Supporting ask-at-the-cash fundraising campaigns and partnerships.
- Prospecting of corporate partnerships and composing funding requests and grant applications.
- Applicant should be comfortable making presentations.
You embrace the opportunity to work in a team environment with a commitment of excellence to donors, sponsors, volunteers and co-workers alike. You are creative, organized and embrace the concept of new challenges. You are comfortable getting in front of prospective partners and asking for their financial support. You have a fundraising background and love devoting your life to helping CHEO, the children and the families we serve. The business partners you have worked with in the past have thanked you for giving them the opportunity to make a difference.
You are capable of multi-tasking while maintaining your own critical path for a successful outcome for your project(s). You are a dynamic, professional team player with exceptional interpersonal and communications skills. Time management is one of your strong suits and you are comfortable speaking with audiences large and small. You are proficient working with Excel, Word and PowerPoint. Experience with Raiser’s Edge is desirable but not required. You embrace the opportunity to learn new technology.
Reporting to the Vice President, Development and Corporate Relations, you will have an existing portfolio of corporate donors and partners. You will also be required to prospect for new partnerships.
- Develop and implement a growth strategy for your portfolio.
- Plan to include stewardship, solicitation and specific revenue goals.
- Maintain and enrich current corporate relationships with CHEO.
- Acquire and introduce new major corporate donors to CHEO.
- Enhance CHEO’s reputation and brand through superior representation with our key stakeholders.
- Achieve revenue and project completion goals.
- Personal relationship management of existing and future corporate partners.
- Plan, manage and evaluate portfolio including goals and objectives.
- Evaluate event and gift results and determine future direction.
- Assist in the acknowledgement process and database system as needed.