|Ottawa Catholic School Board|
Location: Nepean, Ontario
Posted: February 7th 2021
Deadline: February 22nd, 2021
Salary: of $80,831 to $87,678 per year
The Ottawa Catholic District School Board is recruiting for a Finance Officer. This is a full-time position.
Under the direction of the Controller of Finance and Budget, the Finance Officer is responsible for assisting in the preparation of the school board budget (operating and capital), monitoring and tracking special projects, special purpose financial reporting, and school reviews.
Key job accountabilities include:
- Assists in preparing the annual salary and benefit budget for the board according to approved staffing levels
- Maintains the variance analysis for salary and benefits, including full-time equivalency (FTE) reconciliation
- Prepares special purpose financial statements and related analysis
- Liaises with external, internal and government auditors
- Assists in completing Ministry of Education reporting requirements for estimates, revised estimates and financial statements
- Prepares journal entries and reconciliations as required
- Tracks, monitors and reconciles special grants and prepares related year end working papers
- Ensures that internal controls are maintained in areas of responsibility
- Assists with school compliance reviews
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- University degree
- Chartered Professional Accountant Designation (CPA) or in the last phase of the program
- Three years of related experience
- Excellent written, oral, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated hands-on practical knowledge of accounting software, comfortable with new technologies
- Ability to learn new financial applications, advanced proficiency with Excel, other MS office applications and Google suite applications
In addition, the following will be considered an asset: experience with Microsoft NAV Dynamics, Jet reports, Crystal report writer, K212 HRP (human resource and payroll management and education financial information system (EFIS)
This is a permanent position with an annual salary range of $80,831 to $87,678. A full employee benefits package is also provided. The effective date is approximately March 22, 2021.
Closing: 5:00 pm on February 22, 2021.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. If selected for an interview, you will receive an email including the interview date/time, location and process details. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The OCSB adheres to equitable hiring, employment and promotion practices and is committed to an inclusive workforce that reflects the diversity of our students. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, people from gender diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities, as well as others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
The Ottawa Catholic School Board acknowledges that the land on which our schools are located is the traditional unceded territory of the Algonquin Anishinabek Peoples. We extend our respect to all First Nations, Inuit and Métis Peoples for their valuable past and present contributions to this land.
Pursuant to the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, (AODA), if you require accommodations at any time throughout the application process, please contact the human resources department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Ottawa Catholic School Board|
570 West Hunt Club Road,
Nepean, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|