The Municipality of Marmora and Lake is beautiful, part of Hastings County and located in Eastern Ontario with a population of 4,000. It is equidistant from Ottawa and Toronto, and the main village is located along Highway 7. The largest town, Marmora, is surrounded by water from Crowe River, Crowe Lake, and Beaver Creek.
We are recruiting for a Municipal Treasurer. This is a full-time position.
Reporting the Chief Administrative Officer, the Treasurer is responsible for the municipality's fiscal oversight and accountability, developing and implementing financial policies, procedures, programs, and systems to ensure compliance with municipal, provincial, and federal requirements. The Treasurer manages the finance department's operation and leads financial modernization through creativity and innovation to achieve the municipal strategic priorities.
- Ensure the integrity of the municipality's financial management system and compliance with generally accepted accounting procedures and the Municipal Act.
- Manage the activities of all direct reports.
- Provide regular motivation and mentoring to all staff to encourage on-going professional development.
- Participate in the hiring and termination of all direct reports.
- Prepares and maintains the municipality's tax system.
- Processes supplementary tax bills and reassessments quarterly.
- Prepare the registration of tax sales.
- Coordinate the preparation of the annual operating and capital budget.
- Facilitates the tracking of all budget expenses.
- Coordinates all year-end audit activities.
Complete Job Description
Qualified candidates should submit their resumes in confidence by March 12th, 2021 at 4:00 pm.
The Municipality of Marmora and Lake is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment and welcomes submissions from all qualified applicants. We are committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.