|Reference Number: Posting 48-19|
|Pathways to Independence|
Location: Belleville, Ontario
Posted: November 27th 2019
Deadline: January 26th, 2020
Do you want to make a difference? Are you interested in a career move that offers work-life balance, comprehensive compensation and benefits package, and an organization that values and encourages employee development? Then come join us and help to support people in living their best lives.
Pathways to Independence is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to helping individuals with an acquired brain injury (ABI) or a developmental disability who may also have complex needs, live their best lives. Fully accredited by CARF, Pathways to Independence provides supportive housing, recreational, vocational and day programs. Due to internal growth, we’re looking for a dedicated Payroll Specialist to join the human resources and organizational effectiveness team.
The Payroll Specialist will work out of our main office in Belleville, Ontario. The Payroll Specialist will work as a member of the Human Resources team to accurately process employee payroll while remaining compliant with the collective agreement and legislative requirements. Under the direction of the Human Resources Manager, the Payroll Specialist is responsible for providing up-to-date reference materials, maintaining human resources information systems and providing input on, and improving payroll using best practices.
- Administers and provides full-cycle payroll activities including year-end responsibilities;
- Adheres to defined procedures and program requirements in order to ensure compliance with established organizational and statutory requirements;
- Identifies and analyzes payroll concerns and issues, and takes action to resolve them in consultation with the manager;
- Establish and maintain payroll schedules in accordance with provincial, federal and negotiated standards;
- Responds to employee inquiries regarding payroll policies and procedures;
- Maintains open communication with other human resources team members to provide backup assistance as necessary;
- Provides training and assistance to ensure a back up to payroll processing;
- Provides research, investigation, and assistance in coordinating information regarding payroll, collective bargaining, employee investigations and contract negotiations;
- Prepares management reports on a regular basis;
- Periodically reviews policies and procedures relating to payroll in order to improve service.
The successful candidate must have the following skills and qualifications:
- A Payroll Compliance Practitioner designation is required
- A Certified Payroll Manager designation preferred
- Diploma or degree in business administration, human resources, accounting or related field;
- 3-5 years of experience in a payroll position;
- Current knowledge of the rules, regulations, legislation, technology and procedures governing payroll;
- Project management skills strongly desired.
The ideal candidates will also have experience and abilities aligned with the key responsibilities for this position, including:
- Experience with an HRIS and payroll software, ADP WFN systems preferred;
- Experience working in a unionized environment with job costing;
- Experience in a not-for-profit organization preferred;
- Exceptional detail orientation;
- Advanced skills processing reports, creating and interpreting spreadsheets, and various software systems;
- Strict adherence to confidentiality;
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
Working conditions are normal for an office environment and may require a flexible work schedule. The successful candidate must be able to perform the job duties as outlined in the job description. All employees at Pathways will be responsible for a commitment to safety.
Please quote the posting number when applying and indicate your desired salary range in your cover letter. We thank all applicants, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the
Freedom of Information and Privacy Act, personal information is collected and will only be used for the purpose of candidate selection. Pathways is committed to an inclusive, barrier-free selection process. If contacted regarding this competition, please advise the human resources of accommodation measures you may require during our selection process. Information received relating to accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
|Pathways to Independence|
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|