|Mazinaw-Lanark Forest Inc.|
Location: Cloyne, Ontario
Posted: July 11th 2019
Deadline: July 29th, 2019
Mazinaw-Lanark Forest Inc. is a small privately-owned Forest Management Company responsible for meeting the legal requirements of the Mazinaw-Lanark Sustainable Forest Licence in Ontario. The company shareholders include a pulp mill, six sawmills and a group of independent loggers. The company manages approximately 190,000 hectares of FSC® (SA-FM/COC-003811) Certified crown land in the Great Lakes-St.Lawrence Forest of southeastern Ontario.
Based out of the company office located in Cloyne Ontario, the company Forester will work as part of a small team under the direction of the General Manager.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Leading the development of the forest operations prescriptions and their effective implementation;
- Coordination and implementation of the company renewal, tending and monitoring programs;
- Assist in the development of the forest management plan;
- Lead the management of forestry futures funding projects;
- Assist in meeting the requirements for company Independent Forest Audits (IFAs) and Forest
- Stewardship Council® SA-FM/COC-003811 certification;
- Provide prompt service to shareholders, overlapping licensees, contractors and clients of the company;
- Assist the General Manager and company staff in day-to-day operations of the company and provide advice on matters related to forest management and planning
- Full membership in the Ontario Professional Foresters Association, or the ability to achieve full membership within one year;
- Understanding of the forest management planning process and related manuals;
- Experience working in the Great Lakes-St. Lawrence Forest will be considered an important asset;
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet budgets within prescribed timelines;
- Excellent information management skills, with a working knowledge of ArcMap (GIS) and Microsoft
- Must be able to work in a team environment to strategically solve problems;
- Strong interpersonal skills to work cooperatively with shareholders, overlapping licensees, company staff and government agencies;
- Must have a vehicle available for bush work;
Candidates with lesser qualifications may also be considered and are encouraged to apply for this position.
This is a permanent, full-time position with a salary and benefits package including medical, dental, and a company supported group RRSP program.
Qualified candidates are asked to submit a resume and covering letter describing your experience and how you meet the job qualifications by noon on July 29th, 2019 in Microsoft Word or PDF format.
We would like to thank all applicants for their interest in the above position, however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.
|Matt Mertins, R.P.F., General Manager|
Mazinaw-Lanark Forest Inc.
14225 Highway 41, P.O. Box 159,
Cloyne, Ontario, Canada
Phone: 613-336-0816 Ext. 223
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|