|The County of Prince Edward|
Location: Picton, Ontario
Posted: July 11th 2019
Deadline: July 19th, 2019
The County of Prince Edward is an island community on the shores of Lake Ontario with a proud United Empire Loyalist heritage. Boasting beautiful beaches and a unique rural landscape, the county offers serene country living. Our strong agricultural roots, thriving tourism attractions, renowned regional cuisine, and growing wine industry combine to offer a unique and unmatched quality of life.
Our human resources department is currently accepting applications for the position of Roads Supervisor.
Reporting to the Director of Operations, the Roads Supervisor is responsible for road, bridge and infrastructure repair, maintenance, construction and related work operations for the municipality. Providing quality service while adhering to all county and provincial policies and regulations, the Supervisor manages multiple projects, equipment assignments and coordinates staff and contractors.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary education in civil engineering, construction management or in a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Successful completion of the Certified Road Supervisor (CRS) designation is preferred
- 2- 3 years of work-related experience; unionized experience preferred
- Sound knowledge of the Occupational Health & Safety Act, Commercial Vehicle Operators Registration (CVOR), Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Environment, Technical Safety Standards Association (TSSA), Ontario Traffic Manual, Book 7 and any other associated legislation, regulations, acts or by-laws
- Experience with heavy/floating equipment operations with proven ability to safely operate vehicles, equipment and other related tools
- Knowledge of road repair, maintenance and construction principles and techniques to supervise project activities related to roads, bridges and infrastructures
- Knowledge of tree management and assessment is considered an asset
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and customer service skills with the ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgment at all times
- Capable of identifying problems and troubleshooting with the ability to make sound decisions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, web applications, digital communication tools and devices and other related software
- Valid Class G driver’s licence; DZ preferred
The current annual salary range for this full-time position is $73,772 to $89,637 as per Band 5 (under review) of the Non-Union By-Law. Compensation also includes a comprehensive benefits package and membership in OMERS.
Please submit your cover letter and resume prior to 4:00 pm on July 19, 2019.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are an equal opportunity employer and support applicants with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request throughout the recruitment process. Please email your request or call (613) 476-2148 ext. 1042.
The personal information being collected will be used in accordance with The Municipal Act and The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and shall only be used in the selection of a suitable candidate.
|The County of Prince Edward|
Picton, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|