Public Works Supervisor
Public Works Supervisor
|Township of Central Frontenac|
Location: Sharbot Lake, Ontario
Posted: July 11th 2019
Deadline: July 26th, 2019
The Township of Central Frontenac is located one hour north of the City of Kingston and a half hour west of the Town of Perth in the heart of the Land O’Lakes tourist region of eastern Ontario.
The municipality is recruiting for a Public Works Supervisor.
Reporting to the Public Works Manager, the Public Works Supervisor will be responsible for coordinating public works maintenance, waste management and capital projects. The Public Works Supervisor will assist the Public Works Manager in the preparation of budgets, plans and priorities while providing effective management and guidance on all assigned projects. The Public Works Supervisor will also manage day-to-day operations and maintenance activities while following guidelines established by the policies of the township council and/or the Clerk Administrator and in accordance with legislation.
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Community college diploma in civil engineering technology or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Certified Engineering Technologist (CET) designation or equivalent preferred
- Certified Road Supervisor (CRS) designation or the ability to obtain within a reasonable timeframe
- Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience, preferably in the municipal field of public works relating to infrastructure including roads, bridges, storm sewers and landfills
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and communication skills
- Must possess a valid Class D Ontario driver’s licence with Z endorsement alongside a clean abstract
- The successful applicant must provide a satisfactory criminal record check through the Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC)
The ideal candidate will have experience and knowledge of the regulations and best practices pertaining to roadway maintenance activities as well as waste management and will fill into the capacity of the Public Works Manager when requested.
The salary range for this position is currently $65,945 to $69,992 based on a 35-hour work week and is under review. A comprehensive benefits package is also provided.
Complete Job Description
Qualified candidates are asked to submit their resume and covering letter in confidence, clearly marked “Confidential – Public Works Supervisor” by 12:00 p.m. local time on Friday, July 26, 2019.
Questions can be directed to David Armstrong, Acting Public Works Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those considered for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information will be collected for the principal purpose of determining an applicant’s eligibility for potential employment. The Township of Central Frontenac is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation for an applicant with a disability will be provided upon request.
|Cathy MacMunn, Clerk Administrator|
Township of Central Frontenac
P.O. Box 89,
Sharbot Lake, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|