Land Development Engineer
Land Development Engineer
|McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.|
Location: Kingston, Ontario
Posted: January 7th 2019
Deadline: February 28th, 2018
McIntosh Perry is growing to meet demand – and we need you!
As a growing multi-disciplinary engineering and related professional services firm, we are building on our strong National reputation by maintaining our commitment to ethical work practices, a quality product and exceptional service. With more than 500 employees in offices in Ottawa, Toronto, Oakville, Kingston, Perth, Pembroke, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver, McIntosh Perry is expanding its scope and looking for new talent to join our supportive, dynamic team. Our core values validate everything we have believed in since our company started.
We are currently recruiting for a Land Development Engineer. We have openings in our Belleville and Kingston locations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As an integral part of our design team, we are seeking an Intermediate or Senior Civil Engineer in our land development department. You will be responsible for completing detailed engineering drawings and designs for land development projects of many types (subdivisions, commercial site plans, municipal, solar farms and more).
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work with senior staff on engineering design and a variety of projects, such as storm and sanitary services, water mains, subdivision and/or site plans;
- Provide leadership and mentoring for engineering interns and technologists and provide guidance and mentoring to more junior staff;
- Prepare technical specifications and reports;
- Provide contract administration and periodic site inspections;
- Liaise with clients, government and/or regulatory bodies as well as contractors;
- Maintain positive client relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Participate in the preparation of engineering services proposals; and
- Monitor industry standards and developments, assessing client needs and make concrete decisions on proposed solutions.Interpreting requirements and details of contract drawings and specifications.
- Completion of a university degree in civil engineering;
- Five to ten years of design experience on land development projects;
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer in Ontario;
- Design skills with good working knowledge of AutoCAD, MicroStation, and/or In Roads;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (French would be considered a benefit);
- Strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively;
- Sound understanding of the land development process;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to work effectively independently or as part of a team;
- • Working knowledge of stormwater modeling programs (SWYMHO, HEC-RAS, CulvertMaster, FlowMaster) would be an asset; and
- Possess a valid driver’s license and have access to a vehicle with valid registration and insurance.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a collaborative, hard-working and dedicated team of professionals and have fun, then this could be the right opportunity for you. You will have the opportunity to step into a unique role overseeing staff plus have access to a multi-disciplinary team within this office and across the country.
McIntosh Perry is an equal opportunities employer offering a competitive salary and benefits to those with the skills suited to the needs of our clients. If you are interested in a career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, visit our Careers page to learn why McIntosh Perry is a great place to work!
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in a great career opportunity with a growing, flexible and dynamic organization, please apply by sending your resume in Word, PDF or RTF format referencing Land Development Engineer in the subject line.
McIntosh Perry welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
McIntosh Perry Consulting Engineers Ltd.
Kingston, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|