|Carleton Place and District Memorial Hospital|
Location: Carleton Place, Ontario
Posted: April 10th 2020
Deadline: June 9th, 2020
The Carleton Place & District Memorial Hospital is a 22-bed rural hospital with an outstanding record of performance, fiscal responsibility and quality patient care. Our hospital serves the growing communities of Carleton Place, Beckwith Township, Mississippi Mills and Ottawa West. We have partnered with the Almonte General Hospital to form the Mississippi River Health Alliance, an integrated model of shared hospital administration and services.
We are currently recruiting for Housekeeping-Linen Aides. These are casual positions.
The housekeeping department is periodically looking to fill casual housekeeping positions. The incumbent is responsible for the duties as described in the housekeeping-linen department policy and procedure manual, in order to ensure the prevention of cross-infection and contamination. This includes maintaining clean, healthy and eye appealing surroundings for patients, staff and visitors.
Complete Job Description
- Successful completion of Grade 11
- A minimum of one-year previous experience as a Housekeeping-Linen Aide
- Demonstrated good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to understand and follow specific written and oral instructions
- Ability to lift and carry 3-5 gallon buckets of water for short distances and push moderately heavy loads
- Ability to lift heavy loads of linen, 20 to 45 pounds when wet, and push heavy carts
- Ability to operate a vacuum, floor polisher and other machinery
- Ability to work at tasks requiring continuous physical activity including lifting, pushing, walking, reaching, climbing (ladders) carrying and bending
- Basic knowledge and principles of hygiene and sanitation are preferred
- Previous related experience in a hospital environment is preferred
We wish to thank all who apply. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged. All staff will support and promote a culture of patient and family-centred care. It is an expectation that you will provide safe, high-quality patient care and service. This will be achieved by, but not limited to, taking a problem-solving approach to your work, using sound judgment, acting appropriately to ensure safety and taking the initiative to improve care and service.
Carleton Place and District Memorial Hospital
211 Lake Avenue East,
Carleton Place, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|