|Kemptville Campus Education and Community Centre|
Location: Kemptville, Ontario
Posted: April 2nd 2021
Deadline: May 7th, 2021
Salary: $120,000-$130,000 per year
Kemptville Campus Education and Community Centre is an educational and multi-use facility serving the community of North Grenville and surrounding Area. The campus includes 630 acres and 17 main buildings, as well as woodlands, cropland, wetland, greenspace, green houses, an agroforestry centre and maple bush, trails, and other buildings - sports facilities, residence, and catering facilities.
We are recruiting for an Executive Director.
The Executive Director is in the senior leadership role for the organization and often fulfills a motivational role in addition to office-based work. The Executive Director will motivate and mentor members, volunteers, and staff, and may chair meetings. The Executive Director leads the organization and develops its organizational culture.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing strategies aiming to promote the organization’s mission and vision;
- Creating complete business plans for the attainment of goals and objectives set by the Board of Directors;
- Building an effective team of leaders by providing guidance and coaching to subordinate managers;
- Ensuring adherence of the organization’s daily activities and long-term plans to established policies and legal guidelines;
- Directing and overseeing investments and fundraising efforts as required;
- Forging and maintaining relations of trust with directors, members, stakeholders, partners and external authorities;
- Acting as the public representative of the organization in ways that strengthen and increase its public profile and reputation;
- Reviewing reports by subordinate managers to acquire understanding of the organization’s financial and non-financial position; and
- Devising remedial actions for any identified issues and conduct crisis management when necessary.
This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about the success of the Kemptville Campus’ stakeholders and who has a record of accomplishment of executive leadership. The selected Executive Director will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing managers and staff.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Proven experience as an Executive Director or in other senior or executive positions
- Experience in developing a vision supported by progressive strategies and operating plans
- Ability to apply successful fundraising and networking techniques
- Strong understanding of corporate finance and measures of performance
- In depth knowledge of corporate governance principles and managerial best practices
- An analytical mind capable for innovative, creative and advanced thinking to solve problems
- Outstanding organization and leadership abilities
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and public speaking skills
- A master’s degree in business, commerce, public administration or related discipline
- Must possess fluency in both of Canada’s official languages (French and English).
The position requires after office hours including evenings and/or weekends, as necessary.
Kemptville Campus’ Executive Director will serve a term to be determined by the Board. The incumbent shall be eligible for re-appointment for one additional term.
Interested applicants may submit a cover letter and resume outlining qualification in confidence to Human Resources by 4:00pm on Friday, May 7, 2020. Please quote “CAO-2021-003”.
We thank all those who apply; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The forgoing reflects the general duties necessary to describe the principal functions of the job identified and shall not be construed to be all of the work requirements that may be inherent in this classification.
The Kemptville Campus is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under the Ontario Human Rights Code, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and any other applicable legislation throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process.
Kemptville Campus Education and Community Centre
2-40 Campus Drive, Parish Hall 3rd Floor,
Kemptville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|