Location: Belleville, Ontario
Posted: February 16th 2021
Deadline: February 26th, 2021
Salary: $67,809-$79,307 per annum
The County of Hastings is hiring a Property Supervisor. This is a temporary, full-time position.
This is a non-union position and reports to the Assistant Manager, Housing Operations. The position is responsible for effective supervision and lease administration of senior and family rent-geared-to-income housing units. This position is at the County Administration Building in Belleville, Ontario.
- Manage all aspects of property leasing including tenant complaints and concerns.
- Sign lease as the legal representative for Hastings Local Housing Corporation.
- Conduct move-in inspection with each new tenant.
- Verify unit condition and account summary upon move-out.
- Collect rent and arrange payment plans/investigate other funding opportunities to assist tenants with rent arrears.
- Attend the landlord and tenant board to present the case to the adjudicator to expedite enforceable conditions or termination of the tenancy.
- Identify property deficiencies and assisting with the planning of improvements, repairs and upgrades to units.
- Work in conjunction with various internal departments and external agencies to ensure that both employer and client needs are met.
- Ensure internal policies and relevant legislation are adhered to in matters related to ongoing client eligibility and general personal and property safety.
- Supervise the activities and work assignments of the Rent Calculation Clerk and home visitors assigned to the property supervisor’s portfolio
- Develop performance goals and plans for staff and provide coaching and performance feedback.
- Allocate work time between the office environment and the building sites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A post-secondary diploma or degree in business administration, public administration or social services.
- A designation from a recognized housing administration educator (such as the Institute of Housing Management) is an asset.
- Expected proficiency in the use of computer software applications and programs with knowledge of the Yardi Management Solutions Software.
- Minimum of three years of experience in the affordable housing field or related area.
- Experience dealing with provincial and federal ministries and delivery of programs at the community level.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, apply and explain applicable legislation.
- Knowledge of issues frequently faced by people needing affordable housing and by those delivering the programs.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, verbal and written communication skills.
- A valid driver’s licence and ability to travel to various locations is required.
- Knowledge of affordable housing programs and Hastings County’s initiatives through this program.
- Knowledge of the Housing Services Act, 2011 and regulations related to social and affordable housing issues including the social housing registry and tenant placement.
- The confidence and the ability to work independently as the position requires that a substantial portion of one’s time is spent at the various residential properties.
- Hours of work: 8:30am-4:30pm, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week
- Closing date: Friday, February 26, 2021 by 4:00pm
- Please forward applications and quote “2021-NON-CHS-48 – “your name” in the subject line.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information collected will be used only for the purposes of this employment opportunity. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The County of Hastings is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please contact us if you require this posting in an alternate format. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.
235 Pinnacle Street, PO Box 4400,
Belleville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|