|Township of Algonquin Highlands|
Location: Algonquin Highlands, Ontario
Posted: October 11th 2020
Deadline: October 23rd, 2020
Salary: $24.55-$27.63 per hour
The Township of Algonquin Highlands, with a permanent population of 2,000 and a seasonal population exceeding 10,000, is known within Central Ontario as an area of natural beauty where residents enjoy a rural lifestyle second to none. The township is seeking applications from qualified persons for the position of Administrative Assistant. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the Treasurer, the Administrative Assistant provides effective and efficient administrative support to the Treasurer, Clerk, Fire Chief and Operations Manager. The position is responsible for providing general reception and also back up to the Tax Administrator and the Deputy Treasurer.
The preferred candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Post-secondary diploma in business or office administration is an asset.
- Diploma in municipal administration or willingness to obtain.
- Minimum of three years of experience in progressively responsible related positions sufficient to demonstrate competency and knowledge of all aspects of municipal government.
- Excellent interpersonal, administrative communication and organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and establish priorities on a daily basis.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality where mandated or required.
- Committed to customer service excellence, with a firm knowledge of best practices in the municipal administration field.
- Proficiency in computer software applications (including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and township-specific programs).
This full-time position would also be eligible for a comprehensive benefits plan.
Please submit your resume and cover letter by 3:00 p.m. on Friday, October 23, 2020.
The Township of Algonquin Highlands is an equal opportunity employer committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. We will accommodate the needs of applicants under Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process, upon the request of the applicant. Please advise in advance if you require accommodation.
In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act and will be used only for candidate selection. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
|Dawn Mugford-Guay, Human Resources Coordinator|
Township of Algonquin Highlands
1123 North Shore Road,
Algonquin Highlands, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|