Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posted: November 27th 2019
Deadline: January 26th, 2020
Engage Engineering is a boutique consulting engineering firm based in Peterborough that provides municipal engineering services to our public and private sector clients. We place an emphasis on customer service and developing strong relationships with our clientele. We believe this helps us better understand our clients' needs and deliver unique solutions tailored to those needs. Engage is not just our name - it's our business philosophy.
Engage is looking for an Administrative Assistant with a mind like a diamond. We're looking for a dynamic individual, who is passionate about being a key member in our organization, as we establish ourselves as the preferred municipal consulting firm in the region.
We believe that our people make us truly great. As the Administrative Assistant, you will help empower our team with your positive and enthusiastic style. This is an opportunity to put to practice your unique and fun ideas in an employee-centric organization.
- Perform receptionist duties by greeting clients, visitors, new hires, and existing employees, and answering the phone.
- Be the go-to person for anything and everything, whether a co-op student new to the area needs suggestions on a good place to eat, or a senior employee needs a proofing review of a new client proposal.
- Provide problem-solving solutions for administrative problems.
- Assist with event planning and meeting space setup.
- Manage social media accounts and website.
- Support the organization's objective of creating an exceptional employee experience that enables the company to engage with the talent needed to transform and grow the business.
- Ensure the office runs smoothly and efficiently while organizing office operations and procedures.
- Perform clerical duties such as typing correspondence and reports, scheduling appointments, travel arrangements and reservations, proofreading and formatting reports, assist with proposal preparation.
- Manage contract and price negotiations with office vendors and service providers.
- Serve as the point person for duties including maintenance, mailing, supplies, equipment, bills, and errands, IT, health and safety, and event planning.
- Become the expert in navigating our various software platforms and provide assistance to co-workers when needed.
- Previous experience in a similar professional office environment could prove to be an asset.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Polite and confident with a great deal of patience.
- Detail-oriented, extremely well organized, and able to manage time and multi-task.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Ability to think outside the box.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; Proficiency with QuickBooks is an asset.
We’re looking for the right person to join our team, someone who shares our culture and core values. Please include your resume along with a cover letter explaining why you want to work at Engage and why this position is right for you. We look forward to hearing from you.
Engage Engineering offers competitive pay and extended health benefits. An hourly rate of $24.00 to $28.00 will be based on experience. This position offers an opportunity for professional growth towards office management.
Engage Engineering is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For accommodation please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
171 King Street, Suite 120,
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|