|Municipality of Mississippi Mills|
Location: Almonte, Ontario
Posted: September 22nd 2019
Deadline: October 6th, 2019
Salary: $19.50-23.98 per hour
The Municipality of Mississippi Mills, located in the County of Lanark, has a population of 12,385. Mississippi Mills requires an Administrative Assistant, Recreation and Culture. This is a full-time position at 35hours per week.
The Administrative Assistant/Recreation and Culture provides support for the department’s programs and services and reports to the Community Economic and Cultural Coordinator and Recreation Manager.
Duties of the position:
- Handle incoming emails and telephone calls in a pleasant and courteous manner, provide information and/or redirect to the appropriate staff person
- Processes bookings for the community centre halls, ice facilities and slabs, Almonte Old Town Hall auditorium and meeting rooms, Cedar Hill School House, ball diamonds, soccer fields and other facilities
- Be the first point of contact for Almonte Old Town Hall bookings
- Show event space and works through event details with prospective renters
- Process registrations for programs and events, festivals and education programs
- Develop and maintains the department’s filing system
- Update and maintain the recreation and culture website
- Maintain an equipment rental inventory
- Provide committee support through agenda preparation and minute taking agenda preparation and minute taking
- Be the communication liaison for the recreation and culture department which includes drafting press releases, website content, promotional posters etc.
- Provide support for community events
- Assist in the compiling of information for publications such as Mississippi Mills Messenger, visitor guide and marketing pamphlets
- Assist with the hiring and coordination of summer students
- Other administrative duties related to the position as required
Complete Job Description
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma
- A post-secondary diploma in office administration (or equivalent) would be an asset
- Must have an excellent working knowledge of computers particularly word processing, spreadsheet applications and website content management
- Experience or education in recreation or tourism would be considered an asset
- Experience working in a customer service environment
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates are invited to submit in confidence, a resume outlining their qualifications no later than 12 o’clock noon on Thursday, October 6, 2019.
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
If you require this document or any additional documents in an alternative format, please contact our office. Should you require any special accommodations in order to apply or interview for a position with the Municipality of Mississippi Mills we will endeavour to make such accommodations. Information collected will be used in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act for the purpose of job selection.
|Tiffany MacLaren, Community Economic and Cultural Coordinator|
Municipality of Mississippi Mills
3131 Old Perth Rd Box 400,
Almonte, Ontario, Canada
Phone: 613-256-1077 ext. 22
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|