|MacEwen Petroleum Inc.|
Location: Maxville, Ontario
Posted: February 10th 2021
Deadline: April 11th, 2021
MacEwen Petroleum Inc. is a Canadian owned and operated fuel and convenience provider that has built and sustained strong customer relationships for more than 40 years. We began in 1976 as a small operation serving customers in rural eastern Ontario. For years, MacEwen supplied Maxville, Ontario and the surrounding region with heating oil and diesel, and reliable service. Now we are recognized as a leading Canadian independent petroleum and convenience store company.
We are recruiting for an Accountant. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the Controller the Accountant, is responsible for ensuring accurate and timely monthly closing and reporting of the company’s financial results.
The Accountant will be responsible for the accuracy and integrity of the general ledger and financial reporting of MacEwen Petroleum, Maxville Tank Lines and Halo Car Wash Inc, as well as other associated entities.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Providing timely and accurate information to company leaders, including analysis, forecasting and preparation and presentation of financial reports.
- Preparing, analyzing and presenting monthly and annual results for each department and business unit.
- Partnering with business departments to define measure, analyze, improve and control current processes which impact customer quality and influence internal operating efficiency.
- Providing strategic analysis, as required, to drive improved decision making.
- Ensuring that procedural documentation is up-to-date and easily followed.
- Leveraging financial systems through strong technical reporting capabilities.
- Ensuring that reconciliations are in place for all balance sheet accounts.
- Calculation of required journal entries.
- Working with external auditors and government auditors.
- Other related duties as required or assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to be successful:
- CGA, or CMA/CPA designation or close to completion is desirable.
- Relevant educational background or 4+ years of experience at an accountant level is required.
- Excellence in leveraging technology to add value and simplify processes is required.
- Expertise in SQL, and report writing is an asset.
- Demonstrated excellence in the use of MS Excel. Word and PowerPoint.
- Sound knowledge of Canadian GAAP practices and applications is desirable.
- Proven experience implementing and standardizing accounting procedures.
- Advanced knowledge of a range of accounting systems and packages.
- Self-sufficient and self-motivated.
- Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent project management skills and the ability to produce quality work within tight timeframes.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Proven analytical skills.
- Supportive colleagues and leaders who are passionate about providing exceptional service.
- Competitive compensation package.
- 3 weeks vacation to start.
- Complete benefits program including health, medical, dental and life insurance.
- RRSP plan with company match.
- Annual bonus.
- Learn and collaborate with the best in the industry.
Prior to any offer of employment being extended, a minimum of two business references will be required and candidates must complete pre-employment testing which comprises of a criminal record check.
Our Core Values:
It is important to us that when you consider a new opportunity, you understand a little about the company, its history and values. It is important to us that our values fit with yours, then everyone wins. Our core values are the cornerstone of who we are as a company, and what we value. We hope that our core values speak to you and what you value.
- Customers first - we exist, first and foremost to serve our customers. They must be at the heart of all the decisions we make.
- Long-term focused - we value long term success over short term gains.
- Respect each other - each person with whom we work, communicate and do business is valued and treated with dignity and respect.
- Do the right thing - we stand by our word and do what's right.
- Own it - we are encouraged to be entrepreneurial and make decisions as if the business were our own.
- Ever-evolving - we embrace positive change and always seek to improve.
|MacEwen Petroleum Inc.|
18 Adelaide Street, PO Box 100,
Maxville, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|