Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Posted: October 12th 2020
Deadline: December 11th, 2020
SerCo Construction is a family-owned and operated, full-service construction drywall company.
We are currenty recruiting a motivated, self-driven individual to join our team as a Bookkeeper. This is a part-time position.
The successful candidate will be responsible for performing tasks in accounts payable, accounts receivable, job costing and reconciliation. Additional responsibilities include:
- Process monthly contract progress billings and ensure payments received.
- Ensure subcontract invoices match the approved amounts and follow-up on any differences.
- Reconcile subcontractor accounts and prepare monthly subcontractor payment cheques.
- Liaise with project managers to maintain monthly job cost reports.
- Adjust cost forecasts and prepare job cost analyses as required.
- Assist in preparation of year-end audit file.
- Maintain electronic and paper filing system.
- Verify, code, process, and post various supplier invoices as required.
- Perform other job duties as required.
- Degree in accounting or finance or a related field is required.
- 5+ years of financial accounting experience, construction industry is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Effective communication and organizational skills, with attention to detail.
- A team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel and Word) and Sage 100.
For an opportunity to work with one of the fastest-growing drywall companies in the nation’s capital, please email us your resume. We thank all applicants but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
9 Capella Court, Unit 200,
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|