|Flying Colours Corp|
Location: Peterborough, Ontario
Posted: January 11th 2020
Deadline: March 11th, 2020
Flying Colours Corp is an international aviation services company providing customers with a fully integrated resource for comprehensive maintenance, repair and overhaul services, completions, refurbishments, special mission modifications, avionics upgrades and installations, exterior paintwork and aircraft transaction support.
We are currently recruiting for a Corporate Controller. This is a full-time position.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Corporate Controller is responsible for all financial matters for the consolidated organization through the implementation of financial processes, policies, internal controls and systems. The Corporate Controller plays an important role in helping the company to manage increasing complexity through systems, metrics and analytical thinking. These results will enable the company to optimize its operational decision making through timely and accurate financial information to operations and management; as well as its relationship with its institutional capital partners.
The Corporate Controller will interface with all levels of the organization and external stakeholders and advisors.
- Percentage of completion accounting and calculations
- Group consolidation (multi-site, multi-currency)
- Accurate and timely reporting of the financial performance of the company
- Manage the monthly accounting reporting process to ensure timelines are met
- Accurate maintenance of the company's accounting records ensuring a robust controls environment
- Review current accounting practices and controls and identify ways to improve
- Ensure all accounts are fully reconciled
- Development and ongoing preparation of stakeholder reporting packages (investors, bank, management etc.)
- Development and ongoing preparation of internal management reporting information for distribution on a regular basis
- Actively participate in the development and maintenance of accurate costing to support management decision making
- Ensure management reporting is fully reconciled to the general ledger reporting
- Provide and oversee the provision of the daily cash position and short, medium, and long-term cash forecasting
- Management of operational bank relationships and cash and currency
- Manage external audit and tax relationships
- Manage activities of auditors, ensuring all audit issues are resolved, all compliance issues are met, and the preparation of the annual financial statements is in accordance with GAAP and all applicable legislation
- Prepare tax reporting and forecasts, and ensure that all tax compliance requirements of the corporation are met
- Support in the management of group tax planning and transfer pricing
- Prepare and maintain group budget template and process
- Prepare and maintain rolling 12 months forecast
- Prepare budgets for appropriate overhead locations
- Manage the budget and forecast process to ensure timelines are met
- Review current accounting systems and develop a plan and implement for the move to one system
- Actively participate in determining ways the department and company can better leverage technology, including exploring new systems.
- Pro-actively identify areas for cost and cash saving
- Pro-actively identify issues and areas for improvements and suggest and implement the necessary actions
- Other tasks and projects as assigned
- 7 or more years of experience in a financial leadership role with management experience of the day-to-day financial operations of a multi-site, multi-country (currency) environment
- Fully designated CPA
- Demonstrated experience in and knowledge of percentage of completion accounting
- Data-driven, ability to analyse and review numbers and trends to allow decision making
- Demonstrated working knowledge of service business and related systems (ERP's, database and accounting or reporting systems) and of general office software, particularly the Microsoft Office suite
- Ability to manage people and relationships at all levels of the organization and with staff at multiple locations
- High level of urgency and results-focused
- Detailed focus and accurate
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to present to all levels of the organization
- Extensive travel to St. Louis at the beginning and then reducing, but regular visits to St. Louis, or elsewhere will be required.
- Frequent or occasional periods of time are spent standing or sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about. Occasionally required to stop or lift light material or equipment.
- The office is located in a comfortable indoor area which is air-conditioned or climate-controlled. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion (e.g.: moderate background noise levels) but also enters and interacts in production areas.
- Frequent need to give very concentrated attention, either hearing, seeing, visualizing, drafting, to what is happening and work being performed.
- Frequent and on-going pressure from deadlines, production quotas, accuracy or similar demands.
- Deals with personnel and human resources issues including coordinating with others on work assignments.
- Final or next-to-final accountability for key organizational outcomes and expected results.
- Moderate travel will be required
Flying Colours Corp. is an equal opportunity employer.
This position includes group insurance (life, critical illness, long-term disability, health, vision and dental) as well as a retirement plan.
|Flying Colours Corp|
Peterborough, Ontario, Canada
Please indicate you found this job on easternontariojobs.com|